• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is an abortion procedure?

InChrist

Free4ever
both.
the difference being how deep into detail they go.
So if someone wants to or needs to be informed on what happens or what they will actually be going through during and after an abortion, you think the cartoon version is adequate?

Daemon Sophic

The first cartoon video is a pleasant and reaffirming video that goes into adequate detail for most. It also goes into discussion of laws and opinions of the public.

The second is a detailed and accurate description of abortion procedures, yet told with an intentional slant to make the viewer fear and loathe abortions. This is obvious within a few seconds, when the physician spokesperson starts saying stuff like “killing her baby”, or “kill the child”, over and over again. :confused::rolleyes:

If you are a medical student the second video would be more informative, yet would never get shown to medical students due to the biased way in which it is told (unless your school wanted to get a lawsuit against it).
If you are a frightened and vulnerable pregnant woman, then you should watch the first video, as it is more useful to you.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
So if someone wants to or needs to be informed on what happens or what they will actually be going through during and after an abortion, you think the cartoon version is adequate?
I have no idea what someone else will think is or is not adequate.
Of course, adequate will depend entirely upon the specific individuals specific situation.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Now to incorporate abortion into how God performs his abortions. That cleaned up term called "miscarriage". Yep God himself is an abortion provider.

There might be some common ground made into the debate, especially when it comes to having an abortion 'by god' in areas were its clearly been made hostile toward people who do seek one for one reason or another.

10 Effective Tips To Induce Miscarriage (or) Spontaneous Abortion

Or as some might put it, "Trying to ask God to perform the abortion himself".

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
Let's see. The bottom video, was produced by an anti-abortion outfit, Live Action, and the other by AMAZE org, "a collaboration between experts in the field of sex education—Advocates for Youth, Answer and Youth Tech Health—to create an engaging, age-appropriate, online sex education resource."

I'll take AMAZE, the first video, because anti-abortion organizations can't be trusted. :p They never come down on the biggest abortionist of all, god. Of course when god does it they don't call it an abortion, but a miscarriage, its Politically Correct name .

"According to national estimates, roughly 15 to 20 percent of all pregnancies in the United States end in miscarriage, defined as the loss of a fetus before the 20th week."
source

miscarriages.png

Any miscarriage after 28 weeks, and there are about 26,000 a year in the USA, is called a stillbirth. Add that to the annual 500,000 miscarriages and we have 526,000+ potential live births that never make it.
source

So really, how bad can an abortion be if god is in on so many of them?

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
I'm not watching gross videos.

You tell me which one best described the abortion my mom had after her ectopic pregnancy.
Tom
An ectopic pregnancy occurs when a fertilized egg implants outside the uterus, where it cannot survive, but can threaten the mother’s health and life. So your mom either had medication treatment or surgery for this situation. It’s not the same as getting an abortion to end a normal, healthy pregnancy and life of a child.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
An ectopic pregnancy occurs when a fertilized egg implants outside the uterus, where it cannot survive, but can threaten the mother’s health and life. So your mom either had medication treatment or surgery for this situation. It’s not the same as getting an abortion to end a normal, healthy pregnancy and life of a child.
I know what ectopic pregnancy means.

But the huge problem here is that it's mostly one big gray area. How much damage must a woman have? How early does a potential pregnancy disaster justify an abortion? Why did things get to the point of an abortion? What could we do, as a society, to reduce abortion? Is legislation the best response?

I don't get very clear or sensible answers to these questions from most so called "pro-life" advocates. Mostly I get crap answers.
Tom

InChrist

Free4ever
I know what ectopic pregnancy means.

But the huge problem here is that it's mostly one big gray area. How much damage must a woman have? How early does a potential pregnancy disaster justify an abortion? Why did things get to the point of an abortion? What could we do, as a society, to reduce abortion? Is legislation the best response?

I don't get very clear or sensible answers to these questions from most so called "pro-life" advocates. Mostly I get crap answers.
Tom
I don’t know the perfect answers to your questions. I don’t know what you mean by “How early does a potential pregnancy disaster justify an abortion?” And I doubt if legislation is the ultimate answer either. There are laws against murdering or physically harming others and no one seems to question those, except when it concerns an unborn baby. I think most people, even pro-lifers, would agree that there are situations where a pregnancy may need to be terminated to save the life of the mother. Realistically though, how often is that the case with the number of abortions taking place?