• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is a mistake that you are glad you made?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm glad that I relapsed July 29th. Without that, I would not have given a public speech before the largest crowd I've ever spoken in front of.

More importantly, I'm glad I relapsed, because it led to me getting my new awesome sponsor who contacts me pretty much every day. My last sponsor was very difficult to get a hold of.

It also lead to a game of war with a lady who has my same birthday, and I was down to my last card, which was a king, and made a comeback where I had all of her Aces and most of her cards. Sadly, she got up to do rounds and another staff member removed the cards from the table so we will never know who would have won.

It also led to me laying my hands on and praying for a patient who was choking and getting the Heimlich maneuver. It also led to me praying for another patient who said it was the most awesome feeling he's ever had.

I'm also glad that I tried jumping off a building breaking multiple bones, head injury, and collapsing a lung. It increased my faith in God. It led to me meeting one of the coolest people I've ever met. It also taught me how difficult it is to be in a wheelchair. It also made me very grateful that I can walk and more humble and compassionate.

It has also lead to me helping people with my testimony and discouraging people from attempting suicide and teaching people that they arent as bad as I am, so hopefully it makes people feel better about themselves. However, I used to be a long distance runner and I'll never be able to do that without a miracle. So, it turned into a blessing and a curse.

I'm glad that I uploaded a violent rap on YouTube that got me arrested, because without it I would not live in the Twin Cities. This truly is the best place I've ever lived in. I essentially got kicked out of Austin Minnesota, which was a good thing.

What are some mistakes you're glad that you made?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It's good to be a total screw-up, because it makes it so that I do not judge other screw-ups, and have compassion and empathy for them.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I knew a paraplegic who thought it was good that he got his injury and became paralyzed. He said it gave him better morals and made him closer to God, and less of a sinner.

He also became the mayor of Kalispell Montana while he was in a wheelchair.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm glad that I have often behaved like a worthless scumbag. It teaches me to depend on my higher power for all things. It also gives me a love and understanding for worthless scum and where they are coming from. It's been a bonus to be able to relate to worthless trash. They need lovin too.

But do wish that I'd cease being worthless scum. It's changing but very slowly.

Jumi

As long as you don't completely give up on yourself, you're not a worthless person. You have more troubles than most, but you also have talents you could put to use. I can imagine you writing a novel.