• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is a Free Thinker? Does non free thinkers exist anyway to have such a lable as Free Thinker??

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I should have pre faced my post was I don't agree with your OP.

What we do is soak up signal from our surroundings and then evolve whats been soakted in. We begin in the womb by soaking in our mothers' emotions and thoughts and actions, the father aslo has an input on the baby. So when the baby is born he/she is a collection of what they soaked up.

As in you do not agree that there is no such a thing as a Freethinker?

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
As in you do not agree that there is no such a thing as a Freethinker?

How can there be ! As I wrote in the second of my posts that even in the womb we are soaking in what our parents/siblings say and do. So when we pop out of the womb screaming we are already 'damaged' merchandise. In a wacky way we are brainwashed before arriving. So no. there is no such thing as a freethinker no matter how much we try to think we are ! All we have done is taken on someone else's ideology. Fun though it is writing about it.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
How can there be ! As I wrote in the second of my posts that even in the womb we are soaking in what our parents/siblings say and do. So when we pop out of the womb screaming we are already 'damaged' merchandise. In a wacky way we are brainwashed before arriving. So no. there is no such thing as a freethinker no matter how much we try to think we are ! All we have done is taken on someone else's ideology. Fun though it is writing about it.

I see. Interesting view/opinion there. Thank you for sharing.

Shad

Veteran Member
How did it come to be in the first place?

It was developed within an environment, western, in which religious authorities, tradition, and government, had the power to dictate what was and was not true regardless if these authorities knew anything about the subject at hand or if their argument could withstand scrutiny. The merger of state and religion in such places as the England enables both groups to exercise the use of different authority. For example to reject England's idea of Christianity was to reject the monarchy. To reject the monarchy was to reject Christianity.

Saudi Arabia is a modern example in which the state dictates what is true or false on the basis of tradition and religion. Hence why evolution is not taught but only mentioned as a rejection of Islam. IE Religious authorities exercise power over what is true or not solely based their opinion as they are not experts in anything but religion.