• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What "if" you are wrong

MikeF

Premium Member
So ... you disagreed with what I posted even though you didn't understand what I posted, meant. Perhaps you should have taken a little time to actually consider it. :)

No problem, mate. You are certainly under no obligation to explain you comment.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
To all that believe a god does exist and those that believe(or lack belief) a god does not exist.....
What if you are wrong? Will it matter?

I assume I am but then it is not my fault since I lacked information.
Will it matter? Probably but since I didn't have the information needed to make the right decisions no one can blame me for the decisions I did make based on the information that was available to me.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Only if I find out I'm wrong, then I'd become annoyed and seek to correct my views.
How are you going to find out you are wrong? When will you know?
If you wait till you die to find out it might be too late to correct your views.
That might be annoying, but it will be even more annoying if you cannot do anything about what you did not know and can't correct.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Good luck seeking to correct your views when you are dead lol
I believe that's right.
Logically speaking, why would we be given so many warnings about what we need to do in this life if we are going to get another chance in the afterlife?

40: O MY SERVANT! Free thyself from the fetters of this world, and loose thy soul from the prison of self. Seize thy chance, for it will come to thee no more.
The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 36

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If God gives us brains capable of critical analysis and reason, then provides no objective evidence of himself or his wishes, then punishes us for using the reasoning capacity He endowed us with to defer belief pending evidence... well, that's simply an unjust God, and our ultimate fate a roll of the dice.
But what if your critical analysis and reason led you in the wrong direction?
What if there is evidence and you failed to recognize it as evidence? How would that make God unjust?

MikeF

Premium Member
But what if your critical analysis and reason led you in the wrong direction?
What if there is evidence and you failed to recognize it as evidence? How would that make God unjust?

Wow. Seriously? This whole site is full of the many varied speculation on gods, deities, and other assorted entities, along with other more abstract notions of ultimate Oneness and Nirvana, etc. If your chosen entity can't be plain enough to end all this speculation, it is absolutely unjust if there were to be actual dire consequences for not adhering to the tenets of the supposedly correct entity out of all those that have been claimed.

The fact that such claimed entities are not more plain in making their existence known is more than sufficient reason to reject such claims as mere human invention, in my view (along with any claimed consequences for failing to believe).