• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What "if" you are wrong

jimb

Premium Member
Kangaroo courts are efficient. :D

They didn't even burn a car, like it is common in the "mostly peaceful" protests of democrats.

I think there was just reason to demand that all things are checked before accepting the result. It should not be unlawful to demand fair elections. It is not an insurrection to want that the integrity of the elections is taken care of.

Are protests illegal in U.S?

What were the words of Trump that they were following? Can it be checked that Trump said so?

Difficult to believe that. Maybe he was listening to Ray Epps.

How do you explain Ray Epps had no serious consequences, even though he is the only one evidently inciting the insurrection?

It is very sad that the last land of the free has been destroyed and turned into some kind of lower than 3rd world communist dystopia.
That is nothing but nonsense. If you think that the January 6 insurrection was justified, there is no future for our democracy. WE ARE NOT A NATION OF NAZIS!

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think there was just reason to demand that all things are checked before accepting the result.
That happened. Each state did its own vetting, then their results were collected and certified by Congress.
It should not be unlawful to demand fair elections.
It's not. What was unlawful was election tampering including violent insurrection. If you don't like that word, choose whatever you like to describe a violent mob attempting to disrupt official government business, which remains illegal even if you prefer to call it peaceful protest or political speech.
Are protests illegal in U.S?
Violent ones are.
What were the words of Trump that they were following? Can it be checked that Trump said so?
You're woefully behind the curve. A series of dog whistles from Trump led to MAGA violence. Multiple MAGA have testified that that's how they understood Trump, which was by design. It's called stochastic terrorism.

That's how Trump rolls. When he says that there will be a bloodbath if he's not elected, that's understood by his followers that there ought to be a bloodbath, and they know that Trump won't be getting his hands dirty. It's what Trump is trying to do with a judge's daughter to incite MAGA to terrorize her and intimidate the judge presiding over his first criminal trial beginning next week.
How do you explain Ray Epps had no serious consequences, even though he is the only one evidently inciting the insurrection?
I don't know who that is, but no doubt some distraction being circulated through the MAGAverse echo chamber. Trump is the chief insurrectionist followed by a cadre of consiglieres (Stone, Bannon, Eastman, Giuliani), generals (heads of terrorist paramilitary groups like the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers), and their soldiers. Those are the people indicted and many have already convicted. The upper levels will be the last to be tried for their crimes.
It is very sad that the last land of the free has been destroyed and turned into some kind of lower than 3rd world communist dystopia.
Agreed except for "communist" and "has been." Trump and congressional MAGA are fascistic, and they will turn your country into a tinhorn dictatorship if you empower them with your votes. Your freedoms and your democracy will be lost. That's when you'll see the kangaroo courts you fondly call legitimate courts that convict criminals - you know, the kinds of people Trump promises to pardon.

You and the tens of millions like you are the byproduct of repealing the Fairness Doctrine unleashing conservative indoctrination media onto the susceptible America public, which has created an army of myrmidons whose voting has America on the precipice of authoritarianism.

But that hasn't happened yet. You approve of women losing their reproductive freedoms, but those people will come for yours as well. You might not mind. Or if you do, you'll blame liberals.

Muffled

Jesus in me
:rolleyes: That is just nonsense. He knew that he had lost the election and wanted to illegally sieze power.
I believe that is false. I believe he took exception to the cheating and may have thought he could win if the illegal ballots were thrown out.

Muffled

Jesus in me
How can you say this??? Millions of us watched the insurrection LIVE on television. It was a violent attempt to prevent the certification of the presidential election by a mob. How can you be so deluded? (Unless you are intentionally lying!)
I believe insurrection is hyperbole. I see it as an extremist attempt to make a statement, The Democrats have had their extremists who have been violent as well.

Violent ones are.
Interesting, in the case of Kenosha riot, there seems to have been nothing illegal.
That's how Trump rolls. When he says that there will be a bloodbath if he's not elected, that's understood by his followers that there ought to be a bloodbath, and they know that Trump won't be getting his hands dirty.
Why it is different when Biden promises a bloodbath?
You and the tens of millions like you are the byproduct of repealing the Fairness Doctrine unleashing conservative indoctrination media onto the susceptible America public, which has created an army of myrmidons whose voting has America on the precipice of authoritarianism.
It is interesting if you don't really see that Biden and his regime are the biggest authoritarians.

That is nothing but nonsense. If you think that the January 6 insurrection was justified, there is no future for our democracy. WE ARE NOT A NATION OF NAZIS!
I don't think there was an insurrection, unless you speak about what the "deep state" and democrats did that day.

Also, by what I know, U.S. is not a democracy, but a republic. And by what I see, it was destroyed when Trump was first elected. Obama was the last president of U.S. Trump did not have any real power and Biden is not even allowed to speak, unless someone gives him permission.

A nation that goes against the Nuremberg code and is against freedom of speech, as U.S is under Biden, is a nation of Nazis (totalitarian fascists).

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why it is different when Biden promises a bloodbath?
Biden was speaking metaphorically, and was worried about what he was calling a bloodbath. Trump wants literal blood to flow if he is not elected.
It is interesting if you don't really see that Biden and his regime are the biggest authoritarians.
Your judgment is terrible.
I don't think there is any evidence for that.
Of course you don't. Your opinions ignore facts. A lot of people disagree with you including grand juries who have indicted hundreds involved in the plot, most already convicted by (petit) juries.
A nation that goes against the Nuremberg code and is against freedom of speech, as U.S is under Biden, is a nation of Nazis (totalitarian fascists).
You're a Trumper. If you're not into fascism, you've picked the wrong candidate.

And you call yourself a Christian. But then, Nazi Germany was full of Christians:
1713098105727.png

Biden was speaking metaphorically, and was worried about what he was calling a bloodbath. Trump wants literal blood to flow if he is not elected.
Why do you think Biden is speaking metaphorically and Trump is not?
And you call yourself a Christian. But then, Nazi Germany was full of Christians:
By what is said in the Bible, a Christian means a disciple of Jesus. And a person is truly a Christian, if he remains in word of Jesus. I don't see how people who don't remain in word of Jesus, could be called Christian.

…The disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.
Acts 11:26
Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, “If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
John 8:31-32

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why do you think Biden is speaking metaphorically and Trump is not?
I'm familiar with the character and history of each. Trump promotes violence in the streets whereas Biden does not.

More to the point however, Biden was attempting to prevent what he was calling a bloodbath. Trump was calling for one if he is convicted or loses another election.
By what is said in the Bible, a Christian means a disciple of Jesus.
The Bible mentions Christians three times, and none of those are definitions of Christian:
  • "And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch." - Acts 11:26
  • "Then Agrippa said to Paul, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?” Paul replied, “Short time or long—I pray to God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains.” Acts 26:28-29
  • "Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name. However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name." - 1 Peter 4:16
But more to the point, the Bible isn't my source for any information. I define Christian myself. To me, a Christian is anyone who believes the core Christian doctrine about sin and the role Jesus plays in salvation. It's a belief set independent of how well or poorly believers fare adopting it in their daily lives.
a person is truly a Christian, if he remains in word of Jesus.
A person is truly a Christian if he believes the core Christian doctrine. There is no behavioral test for me. Faith is enough.

I'm familiar with the character and history of each. Trump promotes violence in the streets whereas Biden does not.
By what I see, it is rather the opposite.
...A person is truly a Christian if he believes the core Christian doctrine. There is no behavioral test for me. Faith is enough.
Why do you think your definition is better than the one given by Jesus himself?

Did you want to address what I wrote and explain where you disagree and why?
My point was, I rather use the definition Jesus gives for his disciples. Your definition is probably ok for your disciples. And I think so, because I think it is the most reasonable way to see it. I don't see why you would be the authority rather than Jesus, in case of disciples of Jesus ("Christians").

Why would the words attributed to Jesus be authoritative in my life? Just as you choose for yourself to let them be, I choose the opposite for myself. I just told you that.
Authority in defining who are disciples of Jesus. You have authority to define who are your disciples.