• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if we accepted each others Religion?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That is very old news, but the world needs a new approach to find the oneness of humanity.

Unfortunately there is really no bandaide approach. Our oneness has to be build upon the realisation that God is One and there is no exclusive faith.

Regards Tony
Sounds very creepy, in a NWO-ish sort of way. God already created a way for humanity to be united - in His Church under His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. Through Christ, we are all one Body. Bahawhatever is just some johnny-come-lately.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think we should include atheists and agnostics in that unity, not only other religious people.
I see the mindset of the Athiest will not allow unity to unfold within their own mind. Unity has to be based on the oneness of humanity and the realisation of that Oneness is that we are all created from the same dust. It needs the realisation of a animating creative force.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sounds very creepy, in a NWO-ish sort of way. God already created a way for humanity to be united - in His Church under His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. Through Christ, we are all one Body. Bahawhatever is just some johnny-come-lately.
That is a statement of disunity.

Moses, Abraham, Krishna, Zoroaster, Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah also gave that path from the same One God, as did Jesus the Christ.

Regards Tony

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That is a statement of disunity.

Moses, Abraham, Krishna, Zoroaster, Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah also gave that path from the same One God, as did Jesus the Christ.

Regards Tony
Krishna is a Hindu deity, not a human. Keep offending the Hindus by misrepresenting their beliefs, I'm sure that will get you far with them. :rolleyes:

Zoroaster, Muhammad and the last two are totally irrelevant to Christianity, just as Krishna is. Jesus is God in the flesh. There's no one else we need after His revelation and atonement. By saying we need to accept Muhammad and the others, you're saying that Jesus isn't enough, that He is not God and He didn't atone for us. A Christian could never agree with that. There's no need for any other prophets or such.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Or, this is just as applicable, it could be a refection of the state of Islam, thus these accusations are born from one's own stance.

Regards Tony
Realistically, if it was even a possible interpretation (big if since it's impossible), God would be a big time deceiver from his words in Quran, and sought to disunite people from the truth and make it difficult, if what Baha'allah claims to be true.

Dao Hao Now

That is very old news, but the world needs a new approach to find the oneness of humanity.

Unfortunately there is really no bandaide approach. Our oneness has to be build upon the realisation that God is One and there is no exclusive faith.

Regards Tony
I agree the world needs a new approach.

Due to the fact that….“the realisation that God is One and there is no exclusive faith”……
has been shown throughout history, up to and including the present and foreseeable future, to actually mean……”the realisation that God is One and there is no other exclusive faith other than mine”….by the majority of those that might utter such a phrase……

If the goal actually is to find “the oneness of humanity” as stated, and religions have proven throughout history to alienate (whether deliberately or consequently) those who do not subscribe to the same religion and therefore are a major obstacle to establishing “the oneness of humanity”,
then the disassociation of humanity from religions (as has been the trend of the last few decades) could be the beginning of that new approach that may bring hope for humanity.

As opposed to the, tried and found not to be true, approach of applying a “bandaide” of lip service to opposing faiths getting along.

Unfortunately, change on such a scale takes a long time due in no small part to necessity of multitudes of people to actually change their entrenched beliefs; which some are incapable of doing.

Dao Hao Now

I see the mindset of the Athiest will not allow unity to unfold within their own mind. Unity has to be based on the oneness of humanity and the realisation of that Oneness is that we are all created from the same dust. It needs the realisation of a animating creative force.

Regards Tony
“Unity has to be based on the oneness of humanity”; this stated goal does not rely on religion which has proven throughout history to be antithetical to it.

“It needs the realisation of a animating creative force” is where religions run into trouble;
since there is not objective evidence to suggest such a thing to begin with, which leads to all the varying subjective contradictory speculations which have been passed down through generations being ingrained into the very identity of those who believe and are unwilling to change such entrenched points of view.
Thus ensuring that religions are preventing rather than facilitating “the oneness of humanity”.

Sorry…..cold hard facts; which atheists accept and religious faithful have issues with.

Tamino

Or you could just admit that people worldwide are experiencing a multiplicity of the divine and we can perhaps just focus on our own gods and goddesses, and the relationship we have with them... and grant to others their own experiences and relationships.

Why don't we build our oneness on the fact that we are all stuck in the same place: a tiny rock hurtling through space which we currently cannot leave.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself

Regards Tony
The atheists generally believe we are made of the same dust without bringing God into it.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Regards Tony

You know that many people - theists and atheists alike - don't believe in your god. If you try to make your brand of theism a prerequisite for "unity," then what you're actually after is division.

If you were really interested in unity, you would focus on what's common to humanity. Belief in your god is not common to humanity.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
You know that many people - theists and atheists alike - don't believe in your god. If you try to make your brand of theism a prerequisite for "unity," then what you're actually after is division.

If you were really interested in unity, you would focus on what's common to humanity. Belief in your god is not common to humanity.
There are quite a lot of people who are interested in unity.
So long as said unity is under their belief system.

It is my opinion that they would have a much easier time herding cats.

Truthseeker

Krishna is a Hindu deity, not a human. Keep offending the Hindus by misrepresenting their beliefs, I'm sure that will get you far with them. :rolleyes:
We do not interfere with their beliefs, we just have our own which we are entitled to. I hope that's what all the Baha'is here are doing, and what our religion tells us to do.
Zoroaster, Muhammad and the last two are totally irrelevant to Christianity, just as Krishna is. Jesus is God in the flesh. There's no one else we need after His revelation and atonement. By saying we need to accept Muhammad and the others, you're saying that Jesus isn't enough, that He is not God and He didn't atone for us. A Christian could never agree with that. There's no need for any other prophets or such.
Thus you claim superiority over all other religions. Jesus is superior to all the others because He is God in the flesh, which in my option has helped lead the Christians to treat other cultures like they were dirt after they colonized them. A false prophet is known by it's fruits, andI would call the Christian leaders who had this attitude to be such, since they had bad fruits.

Truthseeker

I wish Tony had not said that.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
We do not interfere with their beliefs, we just have our own which we are entitled to. I hope that's what all the Baha'is here are doing, and what our religion tells us to do.
Your religion has a problem of misrepresenting what other religions say. That's the issue there.
Thus you claim superiority over all other religions. Jesus is superior to all the others because He is God in the flesh, which in my option has helped lead the Christians to treat other cultures like they were dirt after they colonized them. A false prophet is known by it's fruits, andI would call the Christian leaders who had this attitude to be such, since they had bad fruits.
I'm a Christian and that's what Christianity teaches. Of course I'm going to believe that Jesus is superior to all others and I'm not ashamed of that. We believe Jesus is God, actually God, not just some "perfect mirror of God's attributes". I believe my religion is the truth and the path of salvation. But that doesn't mean I can't respect that others have different views. That's just how it is. Most religions have good things in them that are admirable but all of them cannot be equally right.

What does colonialism have to do with anything? The early Christians and Church Fathers weren't in any position to colonize anyone.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God created a way for 'Christians' to be united as one Body under Christ, but Christians are only one third of the world population.
Since the rest of humanity is not going to unite under Christianity that leaves humanity divided.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
God created a way for 'Christians' to be united as one Body under Christ, but Christians are only one third of the world population.
Since the rest of humanity is not going to unite under Christianity that leaves humanity divided.
Baha'is aren't in any position to play the numbers game. And it's not about numbers with God. The point of Christianity isn't to unite people. Truth is truth, regardless of how many believe it. But Christianity is still the largest movement of any kind in human history and has had the biggest impact.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Regards Tony
As my dear mother used to say "wake up and smell the coffee."

It is the mindset of the Christians that will not allow unity to unfold because in their minds Jesus is God and Jesus the Only Way and Christianity is Only True Religion. You cannot get any more arrogant than that.

There is yet hope for atheists and agnostics to become believers since at least they have rational minds and they care about humanity, unlike Christians, who only care about being saved, and to hell with everyone else.

It is not just a coincidence that I have posted mainly to atheists and agnostics for the last 11 years on various religious forums.
At least there is something to talk about.