• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Holidays Do You Look Forward To?

☆Dreamwind☆

There are several holidays I look forward to doing more of then others every year.

I honor Diana and Fenris twice a year. Once in Their respective months, and together in the early summer.

I always look forward to honoring Apollo, Aphrodite, Persephone, Gaia, Apu-Ko-Hai, Zephyrus, Notus, and Poseidon's holy days too. Admittedly I've been missing some over the last few years as I've been too busy wallowing about stuff. But this spring really snapped me out of it.

What are some of the holy, jolly-holidays you guys enjoy celebrating?

rocala

In general the holidays are not a big thing for me although I am a member of a group which celebrates those on the 'wheel of the year.' However I once joined with a large group of people for what I can only describe as a mind blowing Samhain celebration. There was wild dancing, story telling and then a visit to the nearby sand dunes for an incredible ceremony and fire.

This picture is not it but it is very similar.

Samhain 3.png

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Samhain is a favorite. Halloween was always my favorite as a kid and was highly influential in a lot of aspects of who I am. I celebrate both a fun Halloween and a sacred Samhain.

I also enjoy Beltane. I've always been a fan of Spring and Autumn as transitional seasons.

☆Dreamwind☆

In general the holidays are not a big thing for me although I am a member of a group which celebrates those on the 'wheel of the year.' However I once joined with a large group of people for what I can only describe as a mind blowing Samhain celebration. There was wild dancing, story telling and then a visit to the nearby sand dunes for an incredible ceremony and fire.

This picture is not it but it is very similar.

View attachment 90232
Sounds like a good time to me

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
My favorite is U.S. Thanksgiving. Not for its traditional purpose, but as a day of true appreciation and honor towards my heritage and the paths of my ancestors.

Being 33% British Isles and only 2% something other than European, the family "feast" is traditional to the region more so the holiday and is filled with Indigenous and African adaptations of European fare.

It's a day where I always sit down to the table, after three days of cooking, and take a moment to recognize the past generations in the faces of current family and acknowledge how blessed we are.

rocala

My favorite is U.S. Thanksgiving. Not for its traditional purpose, but as a day of true appreciation and honor towards my heritage and the paths of my ancestors.

Being 33% British Isles and only 2% something other than European, the family "feast" is traditional to the region more so the holiday and is filled with Indigenous and African adaptations of European fare.

It's a day where I always sit down to the table, after three days of cooking, and take a moment to recognize the past generations in the faces of current family and acknowledge how blessed we are.
You touch upon something special to me here. This is a great example of how food can be beautiful and meaningful. In scenarios such as you describe here, food can be a large part of the story of not only where we are but who we are and from where we came.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Beltane is probably one of my favorites, as it's when it's finally starting to get warm here, and it's also close to my bday. Like @Guitar's Cry I also am a fan of the transitional seasons, and so I also enjoy Samhain. I also almost always honor the Winter Solstice and Summer Solstice as well.

Last edited: