• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What helps when you're super frustrated?

misteralarming

The advice that "if you're going through Hell, keep going."
Sometimes life sticks you some unpleasant business, and I figure you can either stay where you are, being miserable about it, bemoaning your fate and thinking how unfair everything is, or how you can't handle it, or you can suck it up and keep moving forward, which is the only way you're ever gonna get out of it.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Lifting weights or just going for a walk help me enormously.

Yeah, I lift weights or go for walks sometimes when I get really frustrated, other times I try to quiet my mind and meditate to music I find inspiring. Depending on what it is that is frustrating me, sometimes I'll distance myself from it for a while and come back to it with a renewed perspective.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Pretty much similar to what I have to say on it... If there's a problem, either you can fix it and there wont be a problem, or you can't fix it and sitting there crying about it will do you no good.

HeatherAnn

Yeah, I lift weights or go for walks sometimes when I get really frustrated, other times I try to quiet my mind and meditate to music I find inspiring. Depending on what it is that is frustrating me, sometimes I'll distance myself from it for a while and come back to it with a renewed perspective.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Me too... an hour walk or is better than the most mind-altering meds - and with only positive side effects.

I think, also as implied, it's good to explore the source of frustration, which is usually due to unrealistic expectations.

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Meditation is always a phenomenal way to reduce frustration, but it can require some practice before it can be used effectively.

Lifting weights or any type of physical exercise is also great. It has been proven to release endorphins, serotonin, and other such feel good chemicals.

However, I highly recommend developing some type of meditational practice as there as nothing that compares to meditation when it comes to "feel good". And there are so many different types, I guarantee you can find one that fits your personality.