• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What had caused the so-called "atheism"?

GadFly

See, you've already made God logically inconsistent by making it eternal.
Your opinion only.
If by eternal, you mean that God exists outside of time then you have a problem explaining how it could do anything since there would have to be a moment "before" it created the universe.
My definition is taken from OED.
If by eternal, you mean that God exists has existed infinitely in time, then you have the problem as St. Augustine in explaining what took God so long to create the universe.
Augustine is good but I use OED. It is your problem, not mine.
The only logically consistent explanation is that the universe is finite and self-caused.
Eternity is a constant state of being. OED

GadFly

Does the OED tell you how something that exists eternally unchanging can actually do anything, much less create an entire universe?
I am not sure. The OED is a big book and I have not read it all.Give me another 100 yeqrs and I may have the answer for you>

camanintx

camanintx said:
Does the OED tell you how something that exists eternally unchanging can actually do anything, much less create an entire universe?
I am not sure. The OED is a big book and I have not read it all.Give me another 100 yeqrs and I may have the answer for you>

I didn't think so.