• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What domestic issues concern you the most?

What Domestic Issues concern you the most?

• Total voters

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
Deut. 32.8 said:
Ignorance.
From your posts, I get the impression that you consider everyone except yourself to be ignorant. I guess only you and God are omniscient. And notice that I placed your name before God's. :rolleyes:

KirbyFan101

Resident Ball of Fluff
retrorich said:
From your posts, I get the impression that you consider everyone except yourself to be ignorant. I guess only you and God are omniscient. And notice that I placed your name before God's. :rolleyes:
Heh. The very definition of holier-than-thou.

DreamQuickBook

Leave it to Kirby to be the only liberal here with the balls to vote for Raising Taxes / More Government Services. Frubles for you!

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
I voted Lowing Taxes / Limited Government Spending, Economic and Political Liberties, Illegal Immigration, and Creating Higher Standards for Education; better funding. I did not vote for the first one, because the balanced budget comes from Congress while job creation comes from the private sector and a stable economy is something we can all contribute towards, but no one can actually provide it.

I tried to choose the ones I felt were closer to the root cause of other problems. My belief is that if we increase funding and standards in our school and aggressively address illegal immigration, we will have better schools, less crime, and much lower risk of domestic terrorism.

The sooner we wrap up the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the sooner we can reallocate those funds being spent to wage those wars to domestic matters. If that had been an option, I would have selected only that one.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
nonobjective said:
As the wealthiest nation on the planet, I think it to be a reasonable expectation that we (the U.S.) could work at bringing down that 12% poverty rate.
This may sound cold, but do you happen to know at what point our nation considers someone in poverty? If you look into it a little deeper, you will find that what we call poverty, would be considered living very well off in most other parts of the world. Just and FYI. It's all in your perspective on things like that.

I think that we need to lower the tax burden on the american worker and businessman, as well as stop the enormous amount of illigal immigration coming across the border. And, by the way George, you don't do anything to stop illigal immigration by giving universal pardons to all current illigals, you idiot.

EEWRED said:
This may sound cold, but do you happen to know at what point our nation considers someone in poverty? If you look into it a little deeper, you will find that what we call poverty, would be considered living very well off in most other parts of the world. Just and FYI. It's all in your perspective on things like that.

I think that we need to lower the tax burden on the American worker and businessman, as well as stop the enormous amount of illegal immigration coming across the border. And, by the way George, you don't do anything to stop illegal immigration by giving universal pardons to all current illegal, you idiot.

It's not cold, it's perfectly valid... Where else but here will you find such high statistics on SUVs per capita! :) //I don't have that statistic btw// By comparison to many nations we DO live a privileged life. Though that doesn't minimize the dilemma many working (and non-working) Americans find themselves in.

Single parents working two Wal-mart wage jobs with out benefits just to break even at the end of the month shouldn't be how we define pursued and achieved happiness.

And as I said in a previous reply, Poverty isn't an independent issue or condition; it is almost entirely a product of poorly drafted domestic policy by major party politicians looking to secure corporate and special interest support. The lowly working man or woman is mostly ignored, and often vilified.

"Let's inadequately educate them, limit their ability to afford higher education or health care, send their jobs across the border and call them freeloaders when they ask for assistance. Oh yeah, and let's lower the tax burden on the ultra-wealthy"

EEWRED said:
... you will find that what we call poverty, would be considered living very well off in most other parts of the world.

Just because we aren't at the absolute bottom of just about every ranking of quality of health care, education, adjusted wage, etc. doesn't mean we should settle for ranking 10th or 40th.
we do, proudly so, rank number one in military spending!

postscript
And I agree with you on the immigration point. Although if I were pulling the kind of dough that George must be pulling from his corporate buddies to increase access to cheap foreign labor, then I might feel a little differently
:)

CaptainXeroid said:
I voted Lowing Taxes / Limited Government Spending, Economic and Political Liberties, Illegal Immigration, and Creating Higher Standards for Education; better funding. I did not vote for the first one, because the balanced budget comes from Congress while job creation comes from the private sector and a stable economy is something we can all contribute towards, but no one can actually provide it.

I tried to choose the ones I felt were closer to the root cause of other problems. My belief is that if we increase funding and standards in our school and aggressively address illegal immigration, we will have better schools, less crime, and much lower risk of domestic terrorism.

Do you feel that funding is inadequate at this time? How do you feel about 'No Child Left Behind?' Is that the right direction to go, or are is it a misallocation of teachers and students energies to test results as opposed to solid learning skills?

The sooner we wrap up the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the sooner we can reallocate those funds being spent to wage those wars to domestic matters. If that had been an option, I would have selected only that one.

Amen. I am sincerely concerned with Iraqi independence and democracy. I think it best the people of their respective countries do not find themselves too acclimated to occupational forces; whatever the good intent, once left to their own endorsement. And as an aside, we will have a great deal of funds freed up for other programs and to help make possible permanent tax cuts more fiscally responsible.

anders

Despite my view that this looks like a US only thread, I'd like to try to give you a Swedish view.

Job Creation / Stable Economy / Balanced Budget

Budgets should be balanced. Government can't create jobs, but should work to make it easier for private small and medium scale enterprises to be established.

Lowing Taxes / Limited Government Spending

Lowering taxes is no goal in itself, unless the savings are put to good use. Government should aggressively prune useless agencies and services.

Rasing Taxes / Increasing Government Services

Ridiculous.

Crime and Criminal Justice

Clamp down even more on drugs. Otherwise it's working quite well here.

Economic and Political Liberties

We've got them.

The Environment

We care. Just try to match us!

Illegal Immigration

Amnesty required for most of them. We can afford, and need, more immigrants.

Creating Higher Standards for Education; better funding.

I'll go with this one. But that's stuff for several other threads, so I won't expand on it.

Civil Liberties

We've got them, thank you.

Domestic Terrorism

We don't have it, so far. Perhaps the reasons are found above. And we didn't send troop to Iraq.