• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does your religion or spirituality...

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I would think if you prior to donation knew it was going to be donated then you died your spirit would know that that's what happened...but again im not Hindu. So maybe there's something im missing.
Depends on the individual. Some people, by their nature, or soul age, are more aware of such things.

CharmingOwl

Nothing about blood transfusion or organ donation itself, but blood is life force and carries the energy of the person who it flows inside of, although for the purpose of medicine this does not matter. In theory putting their blood into your body could spread a curse to you if someone used their blood to curse them, but this seems very rare. The organs are also linked to different chakras so you may be more or less aligned after getting one transplanted, but it's not the end of the world you would just meditate and take care of your health afterwards.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Nothing about blood transfusion or organ donation itself, but blood is life force and carries the energy of the person who it flows inside of, although for the purpose of medicine this does not matter. In theory putting their blood into your body could spread a curse to you if someone used their blood to curse them, but this seems very rare. The organs are also linked to different chakras so you may be more or less aligned after getting one transplanted, but it's not the end of the world you would just meditate and take care of your health afterwards.
Hmm...what chakra is a kidney connected to?

Tamino

For Kemetic religion it's an interesting conundrum. It wasn't considered in antiquity, since obviously it was impossible.

If you look at ancient practice and beliefs, there are some concerns: As opposed to other cults, Egyptians didn't consider blood to be a very sacred thing. Blood was not spilled in offering for the gods. It was instead an impure liquid, one that belongs inside the body only.
Body parts of a human were considered important for the afterlife, so by logic, you'd try to keep your body whole even in death.

However, I am personally in favor of any type of voluntary donation.
The importance of helping other people is stronger than any spiritual concern, as the spiritual points can simply be rectified with magic:
So what if a corpse is incomplete - you can use magical substitutes or a Ka-statue instead.
So what if blood is impure or may carry traces of the donor's personality - you can just do a purification rite after receiving a transfusion.
So what if donating makes you bleed and causes a wound - it will heal, and you can purify.

River Sea

For Kemetic religion it's an interesting conundrum. It wasn't considered in antiquity, since obviously it was impossible.

If you look at ancient practice and beliefs, there are some concerns: As opposed to other cults, Egyptians didn't consider blood to be a very sacred thing. Blood was not spilled in offering for the gods. It was instead an impure liquid, one that belongs inside the body only.
Body parts of a human were considered important for the afterlife, so by logic, you'd try to keep your body whole even in death.

However, I am personally in favor of any type of voluntary donation.
The importance of helping other people is stronger than any spiritual concern, as the spiritual points can simply be rectified with magic:
So what if a corpse is incomplete - you can use magical substitutes or a Ka-statue instead.
So what if blood is impure or may carry traces of the donor's personality - you can just do a purification rite after receiving a transfusion.
So what if donating makes you bleed and causes a wound - it will heal, and you can purify.

I actually think it doesn't matter about Physical bodies when after passing away.

I didn't know that Kemetic religion had issues with Physical bodies and after passing away.

@Tamino
How come there are different blood types?

Did the Kemetic religion know anything about the different blood types?

If a corpse is incomplete, you claim you can use magical substitutes or Ka-statue instead., and you claim about the purification rite after receiving a transfusion. Have you did Ka statue or purification rite before? Can you listen to music while doing this?

So basically, the Kemetic religion is more focused on the physical body. How come?

I really hadn't put a whole lot of importance on the physical body for physical passing away.

What do you think in the Kemeitic religion if someone's physical body is ashes under a tree, as a tree is planted, as ashes in the ground?

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Have to say about organ donation and blood donation? If it allows organ donationd does it differ about living organ donation or donation after death? What does it say about accepting things like blood transfusions and organ transplants? Im curious.
I don’t see anything against it. It is a gift

Tamino

Did the Kemetic religion know anything about the different blood types?
No. And I don't see how that would be relevant to this topic.
If a corpse is incomplete, you claim you can use magical substitutes or Ka-statue instead.,
Yes. In myth, Isis uses a wooden substitute for the part she could not find. There are examples of mummies with protheses (and some discussion whether those where worn in life or only added in death)
and you claim about the purification rite after receiving a transfusion.
Yes. My modern tradition made a purification rite you can use while washing. It is used before rituals, but I also use it to get rid of unwanted influences.
Have you did Ka statue or purification rite before?
To make a Ka statue, you need an opening-of-the-mouth. The original ritual is known, but it's super long and complicated. I have never tried that yet.
Can you listen to music while doing this?
Only very silently in the background - there's a lot of text to be read
So basically, the Kemetic religion is more focused on the physical body. How come?
Because Kemetic religion is an animist tradition that sees the spiritual tightly woven into the natural world. We don't have this platonist distinction of spirit and matter, we don't see the material world as lower or imperfect.
What do you think in the Kemeitic religion if someone's physical body is ashes under a tree, as a tree is planted, as ashes in the ground?
The ancient people would probably be horrified. Burning your body risks the afterlife, you need the burial rites to make the transformation into an Osiris. And it cuts the connection to the living world that you need to receive offerings and keep an eye on your descendants.
Me, I plan to get cremated myself. As I said, I think a Ka statue is a perfectly fine substitute for a mummy.

River Sea

The ancient people would probably be horrified. Burning your body risks the afterlife, you need the burial rites to make the transformation into an Osiris. And it cuts the connection to the living world that you need to receive offerings and keep an eye on your descendants.
Me, I plan to get cremated myself. As I said, I think a Ka statue is a perfectly fine substitute for a mummy.

@Tamino

Are there people who're scared when they learn that their loved ones were cremated, when they learn of your religion, @Tamino , and wish they did Ka statue? Do other religions also do Ka statues, or is it mainly the Egyptians who believe this?

I thought when people leave their physical body, they're alive in their afterlife and not dependent on what happens to their physical body after they pass away. How much are the physical body and spirit/soul dependent on each other in reincarnations?

How does cremation risk the afterlife? If the person who passed away goes through what then? It's out of the control of the person who passed away what others do to their physical bodies. How does doing the Ka statue allow you @Tamino to have cremation then?

I'll ask @Bharat Jhunjhunwala this too.
Do Hindus and/or the Indus Valley know about the Ka statue and about the transformation into Osiris?

VoidCat

I think that the general consensus is that, when an organ is removed from someone to save the life of another, it becomes part of that new, living person's body. So there is no longer any concern that the body part should be buried with the original deceased donor. It will be buried with the person whose life it saved as it is now part of that person's body.
I was rereading the thread a thought came to me how this makes sense. A lot of folk regarding donation I've heard get caught up on what if a person does not take care of the organ? And they don't donate in any way. It's a valid concern I guess but it's no longer your organ once you give it away.

I had a convo similar to this with @Shadow Wolf regarding conservative christians and donation long time ago but I forgot how it went. Maybe she'd be willing to explain more if not that's fine. Just I showed her a study i found on how conservatives are less likely to donate organs then liberals. I'll have to see if I can find that study political beliefs are not really studied in turns on how it affects donation however so take the study with a grain of salt if I do find it

VoidCat

I don’t see anything against it. It is a gift
I will say some christians i wonder if they more likely to donate organs cuz of an attempt to love one another like Jesus said. not all christians but a chunk might be.

VoidCat

I was rereading the thread a thought came to me how this makes sense. A lot of folk regarding donation I've heard get caught up on what if a person does not take care of the organ? And they don't donate in any way. It's a valid concern I guess but it's no longer your organ once you give it away.

I had a convo similar to this with @Shadow Wolf regarding conservative christians and donation long time ago but I forgot how it went. Maybe she'd be willing to explain more if not that's fine. Just I showed her a study i found on how conservatives are less likely to donate organs then liberals. I'll have to see if I can find that study political beliefs are not really studied in turns on how it affects donation however so take the study with a grain of salt if I do find it
This link has more to do with political ideologies then religion bit interesting none the less
It seems i was wrong. The study doesnt say conservates are less likely to donate then liberals. Just that the more conservative leaning you are the less likely you are to donate organs. Also seems sample size was small as well.

This also was done in Australia this study. Not the US. It just shows what barriers someone in Australia who is conservative might face mentally regarding organ donation

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Something about judgemental Christian types I've heard having a hangup on giving to just anyone because it might get misused and abused.

VoidCat

Something about judgemental Christian types I've heard having a hangup on giving to just anyone because it might get misused and abused.
Right. Even tho it's no longer their organ and they'd likely be dead if donating like most people donate post mortem.

Which i remember saying was weird to be hanged up on cuz once its in the other persons body it's no longer yours. It's the person you gave it to to do as they see fit. Most likely the person would care for it cuz they dont want their body to reject it and they die. Because it is now their body part.

☆Dreamwind☆

It doesn't say anything for or against it. It's just a personal choice. Outside of JWs, I haven’t heard of any other faith objecting to it yet. Though there may be some who do?

Last edited:

VoidCat

It doesn't say anything for or against it. It's just a personal choice. Outside of JWs, I haven’t heard of any other faith objecting to it yet. Though there may be some who do?
My mom due to her spiritual beliefs as Lakota Sioux is against it. Occasionally as I mentioned before some Hindus have concerns however as @Vinayaka pointed out that's dependent on the Hindu in question. I don't know many that are against it. Even JWs allow organ donation it's blood transfusions they don't do that according to what ive read.

VoidCat

The NKF has a link here that I've found recently:

☆Dreamwind☆

My mom due to her spiritual beliefs as Lakota Sioux is against it. Occasionally as I mentioned before some Hindus have concerns however as @Vinayaka pointed out that's dependent on the Hindu in question. I don't know many that are against it. Even JWs allow organ donation it's blood transfusions they don't do that according to what ive read.
I know, I was thinking of the blood transfusion with the JWs.

Either way, it's okay if someone does or doesn't choose to donate their blood or organs.