• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does reality demand of a realistic religion?

setarcos

The hopeful or the hopeless?
The purpose of religion is to help people deal with human nature and unnatural behavior. Religion is designed to deal with human consciousness and the human mind.
Yes, and so, how do we deal with these issues in a realistic way through religion? Or, what characteristics of a religion would be realistic enough to deal with such things?

It is not coincidence that Psychology evolved in Austria and Germany just before the first world war.
Modern theoretical conceptions and formal recognition as a science perhaps but I believe psychologies subject matter predates even the ancient Greeks who were quite good at formulating questions about thought and thinking.
Psychology as a science has an evolving history of understanding. Just like Christianity. By evolving I mean "an unfolding of understanding".

Naturalism was not up to the task of anticipating these future problems it helped to unleash; Social Darwinism.
I think, from a scientific perspective, naturalism as an idea of reality and its tool of the scientific method cannot and does not make moral/ethical determinations of how its ideas/discoveries should be used.
Naturalism was not up to the task because its task is not, nor can be, a determinant of moral/ethical behavior in humans. As such I cannot agree that, as merely an attempt to determine what is real, naturalism cannot be held to account for unleashing what it cannot determine was already inherent within the human condition.

How could science not bring attention to this screw up?
Science has, in the form of data points. As I've said though, what we do with that data as far as action is irrelevant to science.
Science and rationality are tools given to man -by God in my opinion- in order to be capable of surviving and thriving within the reality we were created for. How we use these tools is up to humanity. To thrive or to deprive.

The gender nonsense is in the head; will and choice.

What isn't? Gender dysphoria has scientific merit. The best way to treat it though is questionable. I certainly don't think its wise to accommodate the condition by treating it as normal.
Why attempt to conform the body to what the mind wants instead of seeking to conform the mind to what the body is?

The Russian Collusion Coup was an example of humans creating alternate reality. Did science see this first by comparing this to material reality? It always tells us, it knows what is real. Did it speak up to this imaginary religion?
Sounds like your getting into political preference here which is more of an ethical consideration than scientific. I have no way of determining what the reality of that situation was or is. I suspect its probably a mishmash of portions of real and imaginary, truth and falsity, ethical behavior and deliberate immorality with a dash of simple misunderstanding.

If you have been keeping up with the Twitter File release, part 9 showed how a wide range of defense and intel agencies, besides the FBI; CIA and branches of the DOD, were working with Twitter and other social media, running a interference scam to help promote one side of the political spectrum.
Again, I don't have the capability at this time to determine the veracity of these insidious worldly driven agendas. No matter which side you take its not ideal since the politics of this world often gets mixed up with religion but no true theocracy exists now on earth and politics is about enforced submission to power while religion is, or should be, about willful submission to moral/ethical choice.

Why didn't science see this data tampering in advance?
Because science doesn't "see", it discovers for the scientists to see and decide and scientists are human, subject to human nature, biases, and blinders.

Trump was right about the Swamp in 2016, and how it is aligned to the DNC. It is used to create faux reality in its quest for power and abuse of power.
Yes, and Trump also admitted that he knows because he himself has used the system to gain the same. The genius move by Trump was in admitting what everyone assumed, that things are rigged, abuses of unethical maneuvering to gain power and thereby he's given himself a faux "higher road and morality" with which to propel himself past his opponents. Given two equally guilty suspects the first to call 911 usually gains the favorable advantage.

Separation of Church and State should mean a loss of funding. Maybe we need to tax their funding. Maybe they can get funding through donations from their rich Cabal benefactors; freedom of religion.
Who's we? Who's they? The sooner we figure out that there is no we and they but only us all together the sooner Christ can be proud of us in glorifying God.
P.S. I'm not against Trump...I'm not for him either though. I'm for Gods will being done.