• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does being a Luciferian mean to you?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I am tired of these debates about what is and is not Luciferian(ism), who is and who is not a Luciferian. This is the Left Hand Path, there is not a be all end all answer. We created the Overview as a basic guidline / as unbiased of an explanation as we could and everyone freaked out.

To me, being a Luciferian is about a few things. First of all, it is about gaining wisdom and understanding, as implied by light-bearer. Second, it is about finding balance in my life, a sense of self perfection / self mastery. Third, it is about being all I can be. The Lucifers, for the most part, were characters who wanted to become equals with God, or who were one with God through knoweldge / wisdom / understanding. The one I associate with the most is Thoth, who was the God of knowledge / wisdom and the consort of Ma'at, who represented the absolute reality (closest thing to God imo).

Anyone else care to share?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Haha to me being luciferian means kindleing your inner lucifer.

Lucifer is the bearer of light aka truth and knowledge.

I think it is expressed 3 ways
Self knowledge. Myself my will strengths weakness fears desires mindstateetc
Empirical knowledge. To be sought and shared with all.
Metaphysical knowledge. Magic

I also feel that a lucifer has a duty to society and humanity at large.

Put very simply.
edit. I
Also social knowledge. Culture religion etc
past lucifers I associate with Prometheus. And Jesus when he was on his brotherly love kick and self divinity messages.

Their might be some aspect of gnostic experience involved.

Last edited:

Twig pentagram

High Priest
To be honest with you, being a luciferian is not very important to me.
It's just the way my mind seems to work. I didn't even realise I was a
philosophical / archetypal luciferian until about two or three years ago.
It almost feels like it wasn't a choice, like maybe it was destined.:nightcraw:

Premium Member
Also, got to love the lack of dogma, being able to take what you want from where you want it and mix it all together.

Premium Member
To be honest with you, being a luciferian is not very important to me.
It's just the way my mind seems to work. I didn't even realise I was a
philosophical / archetypal luciferian until about two or three years ago.
It almost feels like it wasn't a choice, like maybe it was destined.:nightcraw:

I understand this. I have even tried to not be Luciferian yet I remain. I tried to be Luciferian like a Satanist is a Satanist and it created friction. When I just am who I am, I am a luciferian for some reason unknown to me.

Premium Member
What do you believe e.g.ethics,afterlife who your god is and why you think he's right?.

Well there is no such thing as objective morality, nothing is really right or wrong. However, humanity as a species have come to some very logical "objective" morals that should logically be followed, but they are still not objective moral laws. For example, we can logically say that rape and murder are morally negative for our species for many reasons including that it interferes with the 'free will' of another. We have the ability to think, to reason, and to say no or choose whether we live or die. Also, murder limits an individuals ability to reproduce, which is the most important thing in the life of any living things. Without that, not life would exist. In cases like rape, people can be psychologically scared and become severely 'damage', which is both against their Will but also can keep one from ever functioning "normally" again. So, we can say that these things should be avoided for the betterment of our species and for the individual as well. But still, this does not mean that rape and murder are objectively morally wrong, just that they should logically be avoided.

I do not believe there is an afterlife. Everything that makes the Self will cease once an individual dies. We are made up of massive amount of electrical / chemical interactions going on inside our brain, so once the brain stops working the Self will cease to exist. The amount of physical information will remain forever, as the amount of physical info only increases. So, in this sense, you could say that we are eternal. The experience of "me" that I am having right now is simply due to evolution and how my brain is functioning. No functioning brain, no Self, so afterlife.

Finally, I am an atheist, therefore I do not believe in any deity. I am also not spiritual or anything of the sort in any way; I do not believe in gods, supernatural beings, magic (excluding psychological "magic"), etc etc etc.

Premium Member
I don't find being a Luciferian to be so much about gaining "forbidden knowledge" as I do not think such knowledge exists. The serpent in the garden of Eden was not somehow separated from God, it was sent there, nothing is out of God's hands. The tree did not represent forbidden knowledge, simply knowledge, whereas Adam and Eve were completely ignorantly blissful. But, it is human nature to question and challenge, and so we ate from the tree.

Lucifer means light-bearer, not forbidden-light-bearer, occult-light-bearer, whatever you want to add in there. It includes entities who wanted equality with the Gods or represent knowledge like the fallen angle of Christian mythology, Adam and Eve who wanted to access to reason, Prometheus, Jesus who considered himself one with God, the Buddha who reached a state of eternal bliss through meditation (a very intrapersonal practice), the Babylonian king who wished to ascend into the heavens,, Thoth who created all science, religion, & philosophy. It is not a dark path played out in the shadows, not at all. It is about self betterment through realization, through knowledge, through facts and truths.

At least, for me it is.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
What do you believe e.g.ethics,afterlife who your god is and why you think he's right?.

Ethics - Luciferianism as a whole wouldn't have a code of ethics / morality, each individual finds his/her codes of ethics and morality.

Afterlife - The Lucifer was banished to Earth. We're to escape from that (hint hint, don't take this too literally ;))

God - None. The Lucifer is simply the Light-Bearer, we can earn the label Lucifer ourselves. Think of the Lucifer as a brother, a guidance counselor towards enlightenment.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Ethics - Luciferianism as a whole wouldn't have a code of ethics / morality, each individual finds his/her codes of ethics and morality.

Afterlife - The Lucifer was banished to Earth. We're to escape from that (hint hint, don't take this too literally ;))

God - None. The Lucifer is simply the Light-Bearer, we can earn the label Lucifer ourselves. Think of the Lucifer as a brother, a guidance counselor towards enlightenment.

Awe i didnt know you felt that way about me.

CDWolfe

Progressive Deist
...Lucifer means light-bearer, not forbidden-light-bearer, occult-light-bearer, whatever you want to add in there...

Actually "Lucifer" should be read as lucifer, which is Latin for the Greek word heosphorus, which in English simply means "bringer of dawn" or the planet Venus.

The KJV translated Isaiah 14:12 from The Latin Vulgate, after Jerome, a 4th century monk, came up with the translation for the passage and capitalized lucifer, thus giving making it a proper noun, as the name of a being. Incidentally, modern scholars have discovered that Jerome's translation was in error.

After the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls in the mid 20th century, modern Biblical translations across a WIDE variety of denominations/religions now correctly omit the word lucifer completely. It never belonged in the verse to begin with, especially as another name for Satan. Nor does it point to Jesus or another being. It was simply a bad translation 1600 years ago, with the limited resources available to the scholars at the time.

Besides, the entire chapter 14 is talking about a king of Babylon. Those who base a belief off a single, erroneous KJV verse do so...erringly!

Premium Member
Actually "Lucifer" should be read as lucifer, which is Latin for the Greek word heosphorus, which in English simply means "bringer of dawn" or the planet Venus.

The KJV translated Isaiah 14:12 from The Latin Vulgate, after Jerome, a 4th century monk, came up with the translation for the passage and capitalized lucifer, thus giving making it a proper noun, as the name of a being. Incidentally, modern scholars have discovered that Jerome's translation was in error.

After the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls in the mid 20th century, modern Biblical translations across a WIDE variety of denominations/religions now correctly omit the word lucifer completely. It never belonged in the verse to begin with, especially as another name for Satan. Nor does it point to Jesus or another being. It was simply a bad translation 1600 years ago, with the limited resources available to the scholars at the time.

Besides, the entire chapter 14 is talking about a king of Babylon. Those who base a belief off a single, erroneous KJV verse do so...erringly!

All of us here know this. :facepalm:

Premium Member
Then why do people still talk about being Luciferians, what it means, etc., if it doesn't actually mean anything at all? :shrug:

It means a lot, that is why people are Luciferians.

Btw, maybe start a thread on this in the religious debates, because you'll probably have a moderater warning here very soon.

Unbound Origin

Luciferian
Many things but what speaks to me more sincerely than any belief I held before, is the lack of charter which determines what is and what is not. This is truly empowering because it enables me to find my own path without reliance on a herd; whilst understanding that there are many reasons for why I chose such a path.

May I take the opportunity of saying hello from SW England to you all...