• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do YOU say about your religion?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
That Baha’u’llah is the Promised One awaited by the followers of all Faiths. (Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, Christians, Zoroastrians and Muslims). That He is the One foretold in all their scriptures.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Inspired by @Exaltist Ethan thread regarding ChatGpt

Hey that's me! :)

How would you describe your religion, or the beliefs you hold most dear?

I would say that Earthseed is a religion that is a framework for future transhumanist and cosmist religions. It tells us that God is change, and warns us to avoid bad changes throughout our lives, but does not fully express what are the good changes and what are the bad. In many ways it allows its users to decide for themselves which changes lead to something more, or are in essence, divine.

There is only three required statements of faith needed to be an Earthseed Shaper, similar to the Christian Nicene Creed but much shorter and to the point. (1) God is change. As an Earthseed Shaper I must believe that God itself is change, and since everything in the Universe changes, it could mean that everything in the Universe is God. Likewise, if something is unable to change, it may not be God. (2) Shape God. And since God is change, it could be viewed as shape change. I shape the change in my life by cumulating wealth while being in subsidized living. (3) It is the destiny of Earthseed to take root among the stars. This is the most specific thing that Earthseed stresses, and is in accordance of the extropy principle that was developed by Max More and is also similar to cosmism.

There are not many members of Earthseed. Even if you calculate the numbers of Earthseed and all the denominations, including but not limited to Terasem, Solseed, Evolutionism, Astronism, Exaltism, Turing Church and the religion of Syntheism, the numbers still only reach a few thousand worldwide. Earthseed inspired these religions. Yes, Earthseed is technically a fictional religion, written in the dystopian sci-fi books, the Parable books, but its adherents take what the author and her character say in both books very seriously. While there were two books written, Parable of the Sower and Parable of the Talents, there was a third book planned of the overall trilogy, Parable of the Trickster that was never published due to the author's writers block and eventual death several years later. Within the books there are passages called The Book of the Living that explains the religion more in detail.

As far as I know, there is only two members of Earthseed on RF, including @godischange and myself. The central website to cumulate more knowledge on this topic is godischange.org and there doesn't seem to be any formal way to meet other Earthseed members or to formally join the religion, besides understanding and believing the three statements of Earthseed I mentioned earlier. Earthseed is a syntheist, pantheist and humanist type of religion, and stresses personal responsibility over the changes its members bring. Earthseed is meant to be a barebones religion which other religions can work off and be inspired by later in the course of humanity's development.

Viker

Häxan
A fiery light in the darkness that threatens to consume all in it's path. Yet, holding still it waits until the right moment. Until that moment, witchcraft and revelry are in order. Primordial pagan ritual and debauchery for the wait. Defiance of the forces of blindness and servitude are admirable qualities to behold.

Blood. Fire. Death. Life.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Inspired by @Exaltist Ethan thread regarding ChatGpt

How would you describe your religion, or the beliefs you hold most dear?

It works for me. I hold the tolerance dear. We totally accept the idea of diversity, and accept that all ethical religious or non-religious views are part of the diversity of mankind. Within my own religion there are many reasons I love it ... the colour, the rich philosophy, the methodology of character development, the mysticism, the camaraderie of like minded souls, the opportunity for travel, the meditation, the chanting, the music, the food associated, the lifestyle, the intuitive creativity, the lack of dogma, the opportunities to serve ... What's not to like?