• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you know about poltergeists?I ask this because I am very interested in poltergeists.

Frank Goad

What do you know about poltergeists?I ask this because I am very interested in poltergeists.:) I like stories about them.And horror movies about them.:)

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've had some experiences but the conclusion I've come to in my personal spiritual journey is that ghosts are mostly a waste of time except for purpose of discussion and healthy discussion like finding out for yourself what to believe and carving your path on it kind of on your own, getting facts and trying to figure out whether a haunting is real. But whether you are a theist or atheist, there kind of comes a point where you just look at it with little lead and consume time.

Heyo

Veteran Member
What do you know about poltergeists?I ask this because I am very interested in poltergeists.:) I like stories about them.And horror movies about them.:)
According to a friend of mine my aura of scepticism is so strong that all paranormal activity ceases in my vicinity. So I can not entertain you with any stories from personal experience.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
According to a friend of mine my aura of scepticism is so strong that all paranormal activity ceases in my vicinity. So I can not entertain you with any stories from personal experience.
Apparently, I do not have the right attitude and it offends the spirits so they do not make themselves known around me. We should team up and be Ghost Cleaners.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Apparently, I do not have the right attitude and it offends the spirits so they do not make themselves known around me.

I can see that, to be honest. You being in the science field means you probably have to approach the world logically a lot. And you have to let your emotions and thoughts kind of run free to let yourself see stuff, as well as not trying to "close" things out on purpose. I suppose I can think of some exercises you can use to tell whether you are allowing yourself to be this "free" yet. One example - think of a movie you'd hate to watch. If you are so free minded, you'd watch it again just for kicks despite the pain, you're thinking freely. And this can be applied to anything you normally do. You have to have the same mindset as an open skydiver to see them. In my personal experience.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I can see that, to be honest. You being in the science field means you probably have to approach the world logically a lot. And you have to let your emotions and thoughts kind of run free to let yourself see stuff, as well as not trying to "close" things out on purpose. I suppose I can think of some exercises you can use to tell whether you are allowing yourself to be this "free" yet. One example - think of a movie you'd hate to watch. If you are so free minded, you'd watch it again just for kicks despite the pain, you're thinking freely. And this can be applied to anything you normally do. You have to have the same mindset as an open skydiver to see them. In my personal experience.
It was what I have been told by some, but it is not necessarily a correct description of me or my attitude.

I think claiming they are ghosts is a closed-minded claim. It implies that a person has eliminated other possibilities and also knows that ghosts are what they are claimed to be. If there is such a phenomenon that is described as a ghost, no one really knows what it is.

That is an interesting idea for a test. I'll have to think about that.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I think claiming they are ghosts is a closed-minded claim. It implies that a person has eliminated other possibilities and also knows that ghosts are what they are claimed to be. If there is such a phenomenon that is described as a ghost, no one really knows what it is.

I never said it was ghosts for sure :) - however, what I'm saying is that certain mindsets may either experience ghosts or some trick of the mind they might become open to.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I never said it was ghosts for sure :) - however, what I'm saying is that certain mindsets may either experience ghosts or some trick of the mind they might become open to.
Sorry. I wasn't suggesting you made any specific claims. I was talking about the claims in general. I have no idea. They could be real. They could be something else. They could be figments of active imaginations. Unlike your test, there is nothing to test with ghosts.