• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you do with missing evidence? Like the global dirth of mid Jurassic fossils

We Never Know

No Slack
I don't know why he brings up these red herrings. At any rate the limestone that was eroded was not what one would call pristine. It appears that there was significant weakening of the area ahead of time. The gorge follows a fault trace as shown here:

gorge1.jpg

https://www.canyonlakeguide.com/helpful_info/gorge.htm

Perhaps if he could make a clear point as to why he even brought this up in the first place.

Really!

Look at post 102.

Look at the post I replied to claiming the grand canyon was carved by the great flood.

Instead of just saying you're wrong with a hand waving him off, I thought I would show him that yes sometimes a smaller canyon can be cut in short time.

Then went on the explain it isn't evidence of the flood or the flood cutting the grand canyon. And how with his biblical flood, the whole earth being covered in water, with the sea level only dropping 79 feet per day, that the water wasn't receding fast enough to cut a canyon.

If that isn't clear for you, I can't help you.

Your mistake was jumping in without reading all the posts and thinking I was trying to somehow support a great flood. Your error, not mine.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Really!

Look at post 102.

Look at the post I replied to claiming the grand canyon was carved by the great flood.

Instead of just saying you're wrong with a hand waving him off, I thought I would show him that yes sometimes a smaller canyon can be cut in short time.

Then went on the explain it isn't evidence of the flood or the flood cutting the grand canyon. And how with his biblical flood, the whole earth being covered in water, with the sea level only dropping 79 feet per day, that the water wasn't receding fast enough to cut a canyon.

If that isn't clear for you, I can't help you.

Your mistake was jumping in without reading all the posts and thinking I was trying to somehow support a great flood. Your error, not mine.
The sad problem is that you do not understand how your claim essentially contradicted itself. A drop of 79 feet in sea level a day could carve very straight gorges like that of the Lake Canyon Gorge. A sea level drop of 79 feet a day is huge. We would see many features on the order of the Channeled Scablands all over the Earth:

Formed by Megafloods, This Place Fooled Scientists for Decades

The problem with the Grand Canyon are the countless meanders. Straight line flows that erode rapidly are possible. Meandering ones, not so much.

We Never Know

No Slack
The sad problem is that you do not understand how your claim essentially contradicted itself. A drop of 79 feet in sea level a day could carve very straight gorges like that of the Lake Canyon Gorge. A sea level drop of 79 feet a day is huge. We would see many features on the order of the Channeled Scablands all over the Earth:

Formed by Megafloods, This Place Fooled Scientists for Decades

The problem with the Grand Canyon are the countless meanders. Straight line flows that erode rapidly are possible. Meandering ones, not so much.

In my opinion no it wouldn't. At 79 feet a day drop in sea level means the river wouldnt be running fast/fast enough to cut the grand canyon.
At a slowly 79 feet drop per day(3 feet per hour) in sea level for 365 days evenly all over earth from 29,029 feet it would take 270 days for the sea level to get to the current sea level of the grand canyon which is 7,522 for a river to even start to form and run.
That leaves 95 days at dropping 79 feet per day. The river wouldn't have the speed or force to cut the grand canyon in 95 days before getting to its emptying point in the Sea of Cortez.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
In my opinion no it wouldn't. At 79 feet a day drop in sea level means the river wouldnt be running fast/fast enough to cut the grand canyon.
At a slowly 79 feet drop per day(3 feet per hour) in sea level for 365 days evenly all over earth from 29,029 feet it would take 270 days for the sea level to get to the current sea level of the grand canyon which is 7,522 for a river to even start to form and run.
That leaves 95 days at dropping 79 feet per day. The river wouldn't have the speed or force to cut the grand canyon in 95 days before getting to its emptying point in the Sea of Cortez.

Of course not the Grand Canyon. Meanders are a problem that cannot be answered by that. But large megaflood structures could be formed.

Bob the Unbeliever

Has anyone explained "draining"? Where did the water drain to?

For some odd reason, anytime I bring that up, I keep flashing back to a Keebler Cookie commercial....

... as in, "It's Magically Delicious".

Magic seeming to be the Go To "answer" to the 100's of fatal flaws in the Noah Myth.

Where did all the water come from? Magic
Where did it all go? Magic
How did you fit millions of species on a small wooden boat? Magic
What did all the meat-eaters eat? Magic
What did all the plant eaters eat after the water was magically whisked away? Magic
How did unique species-- some of whom travel a mere inches a minute-- get from where they are now, to the ark and back again, without leaving a trace? Magic
How do you repopulate species with two samples, and NOT have the species die out from inbreeding problems? Magic
How do you keep an oversized wooden boat from NOT sinking, when physics says it would? Magic
How do you build a wooden boat in a desert with no trees large enough? Magic
How do you keep a man from having more than 4 children, but living to be 600 years old? Magic
How do you prevent every other civilization on the planet--- including centuries-old seafaring peoples, from building their own boats and surviving? Magic
How do you restore Chinese people back to China--speaking Chinese and not Hebrew-- but being descended from Hebrew-only Noah? Magic
How do you get animals back to island habitats? Magic...

.... it seem it's Magic all the way down...

WHY DID NOT GOD SIMPLY MAGIC AWAY ALL THE "BAD" PEOPLE INSTEAD?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
To be sure? I was quite inspired by this video: (language... drops the F-bomb)

I loved the elephant giving birth. Unfortunately he forgot that the decrease in atmospheric pressure is due to the elevation above sea level. When the sea level rises to over 29,000 feet the drop in pressure would be almost nonexistence. Not quite. I wonder if anyone can figure out why it would drop slightly.

Bob the Unbeliever

I loved the elephant giving birth. Unfortunately he forgot that the decrease in atmospheric pressure is due to the elevation above sea level. When the sea level rises to over 29,000 feet the drop in pressure would be almost nonexistence. Not quite. I wonder if anyone can figure out why it would drop slightly.

Increase in volume, but no change in mass. :)

We Never Know

No Slack
For some odd reason, anytime I bring that up, I keep flashing back to a Keebler Cookie commercial....

... as in, "It's Magically Delicious".

Magic seeming to be the Go To "answer" to the 100's of fatal flaws in the Noah Myth.

Where did all the water come from? Magic
Where did it all go? Magic
How did you fit millions of species on a small wooden boat? Magic
What did all the meat-eaters eat? Magic
What did all the plant eaters eat after the water was magically whisked away? Magic
How did unique species-- some of whom travel a mere inches a minute-- get from where they are now, to the ark and back again, without leaving a trace? Magic
How do you repopulate species with two samples, and NOT have the species die out from inbreeding problems? Magic
How do you keep an oversized wooden boat from NOT sinking, when physics says it would? Magic
How do you build a wooden boat in a desert with no trees large enough? Magic
How do you keep a man from having more than 4 children, but living to be 600 years old? Magic
How do you prevent every other civilization on the planet--- including centuries-old seafaring peoples, from building their own boats and surviving? Magic
How do you restore Chinese people back to China--speaking Chinese and not Hebrew-- but being descended from Hebrew-only Noah? Magic
How do you get animals back to island habitats? Magic...

.... it seem it's Magic all the way down...

WHY DID NOT GOD SIMPLY MAGIC AWAY ALL THE "BAD" PEOPLE INSTEAD?

I always think of sponge Bob, earth just soaked it up.

Bob the Unbeliever

I have heard: "Then who would have been around to feed all the innocent children and babies? They would have all slowly starved to death."

Easy! Magic again!

Oh, here's a thought-- since drowning absolutely destroys of Free Will?

Why not just Magic them to be Perfect Parents? Such that the kidlets would grow up with at least a Satisfactory rating.

Then, once the kidlets reach the Age Of Accountability? (which is not actually supported by the bible-- children are just as evil/hell-bound as adults... but nevermindthat)

Magic Again-- all these Evil Adults vanish in a puff of Biblical Fire.

WIN! WIN! So much Winnning...

.... right?

ecco

Veteran Member
Easy! Magic again!

Oh, here's a thought-- since drowning absolutely destroys of Free Will?

Why not just Magic them to be Perfect Parents? Such that the kidlets would grow up with at least a Satisfactory rating.

Then, once the kidlets reach the Age Of Accountability? (which is not actually supported by the bible-- children are just as evil/hell-bound as adults... but nevermindthat)

Magic Again-- all these Evil Adults vanish in a puff of Biblical Fire.

WIN! WIN! So much Winnning...

.... right?
You get my vote to be the next GOD.

We Never Know

No Slack
I'll assume that is your serious answer.

Why would the water go South? Sea level wouldn't be any lower in the South than anywhere else.

So, again, Where did the water drain to?

:facepalm: I give up. Again that was sarcasm/humor. Like saying heat goes North.
It didn't go anywhere. There never was that much water.