• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you collect?

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I seem to collect random junk or stuff I am interested in, animals nobody else wants, BOOKS!!!!!, and hockey cards.........

BFD_Zayl

i like to collect old and special edition glass soda bottles, dont ask why, i just think they are neat. plus i collect hard to find herbs, i usually keep them in a freezer for later use.

BFD_Zayl

ChrisP said:
Heheheh do these herbs come in gold and blue tops?
umm... no they come from the woods where if i see them i pick them... blue and gold tops.. im confused now. thanks! now im gonna go all day wondering about something that is probably so trivial its ridiculus... i wanted to be a surgon you know!:149:

jerzybg

Hi,
I collect religious artifacts that are distinctive to a certain faith, denomination etc,
I collect only three kinds of them:
1) things which people have with them to show to anybody they are members of a certain denomination, sect, etc. ,etc. I mean small crosses, badges, crescents, emblems, medals, images and so on.
2) things which people use when praying. The most common item is a rosary, prayer beads, but for example Tibetan Buddhism and Judaism have many more items.
3) things which people display in their homes like images of God, Saints, Holy Places...
All objects are displayed on my website.

equus somnium

Horse Fanatic
I collect a lot of things oO; Stuffed animals, feathers, figurines, pictures (mainly horses), books, and horse models. I used to collect posters but I kind of grew out of that ^^

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
jacquie4000 said:
I collect candles all the time. I like unique frogs lately. I also collect special glasses. And miniture shoes.
Where do you find minature shoes? My daughter, Mandi, enjoys buying shoes and will even go broke to buy a pair she really likes. I spoke to her a couple of weeks ago and she was really stressing out over everything. About 2 hours later she called me back to say "I feel better now Mom, I bought a pair of shoes". :foot:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Dust
Business cards of establishments i have actually conducted business with

AllMantra

Dhammapada translations, elephants (small statues, picture books, paintings), Friends, Critics, clothes, tattoos, prayer beads, virtues and vices from time to time.

wicca_woman

831...J&J
stuffed animals , anything with Taz , Garfield , or frogs . Dragons , Harley stuff , Coka~Cola stuff . Movies , Cd's . Drawings from my brother . Anything with a big cat(i.e. lions , tigers , panthers,etc.) Books !! Books !! Books !! Tattoos and Animals-dogs, cats, guinea pigs,sugar gliders,Madagascar roaches and fish...i think that's all... I'll get back to ya on that...friends , I like collecting friends and memories too...:p

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I don't collect anything to speak of really, but a friend of mine collects Pez Dispensers. She has hundreds of them, unfortunately I don't think she does anymore.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Ironically, this pacifist collects swords and knives. :D So far my collection is limited to a few Asian swords (mostly Chinese) and a saber from the Vietnam War.

I also collect fantasy books, if that counts. :shrug:

M

Majikthise

wicca_woman said:
stuffed animals , anything with Taz , Garfield , or frogs . Dragons , Harley stuff , Coka~Cola stuff . Movies , Cd's . Drawings from my brother . Anything with a big cat(i.e. lions , tigers , panthers,etc.) Books !! Books !! Books !! Tattoos and Animals-dogs, cats, guinea pigs,sugar gliders,Madagascar roaches and fish...i think that's all... I'll get back to ya on that...friends , I like collecting friends and memories too...:p

Nice! We recently started collecting religious items. Tammy had a two foot tall wood and plaster crucifix hanging on the living room wall (very handsome). I thought he looked lonely so, we now have Ganesha up there too. Also two different Bhuddas, Confusious, a pagan stylized mirror, an unknown Indonessian goddesss on horseback and a magic 8 ball. Not too impressive yet, but I'm working on it.:D