• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Do These Bible Verses Mean To You?

idav

Being
Premium Member
To me it is showing that we will always see something in another individual but will be oblivious even for something that blocks our own vision. I do appreciate the idea of avoiding hypocrisy but part of the message is that you wouldn't know your own hypocrisy.

Me Myself

Back to my username
To me it is showing that we will always see something in another individual but will be oblivious even for something that blocks our own vision. I do appreciate the idea of avoiding hypocrisy but part of the message is that you wouldn't know your own hypocrisy.

I do disagree. Part of the message is that if you are only looking at other people you may not know your own faults.

Jesus in those words very clearly says, take the thing out of your eye (so you can do it.) so that then you will se better to help your brother.

It is always good to be concerned about your brother, but the message says that if you are not concerned about you first, then you cannot help your brother properly. (at last when it comes to morality and understanding)

garrydons

I am wondering what both theists and atheists, both Christians and nonChristians think of the following verses. Although I believe they speak for themselves, I want to see if there is something about them that I may not have thought of. It's true they are out of context, but I don't think the meaning would really change even if you read them in context. It is MKJV (Modern King James Version).

I understand the verses in question to be not judgmental. The passages is probably is referring to wrongdoings or mistakes. Why attend to other person's maller mistakes and forgot your own bigger mistakes. First make your bigger wrongs be right then attend to others faults by way of reprimand or advise.

Prophet

breaking the statutes of my local municipality
When you judge people for sins that are still present in your life, you form moral blind spots. There are verses where Jesus is sarcastic or cryptic, but these are fairly straightforward.