• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What deities/entities do you have a close connection with?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
The deities I am closest with? The All-Father, the Morrigan, Aegir, Cernunnos, various land Spirits and Ancestors.

My experiences with them vary, so I couldn't really give you a good answer. Sometimes subtle, sometimes not so subtle.

First experience? Let's just say I had a chat with a Crow.

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
Corniger, the Other, the Father, the Brother.
Lucifer, Another, the Daughter, the Mother and the Many (in-) to the One.

I'm very close with them. They've done so much for me and I have for them as well. I had my first experience with Cornitch or Corniger as a very young child. Corniger is another name for the Horned One or Horned God, the Sabbatical Goat, etc. The Devil ain't always such a boogeyman. There's a lot that can be learned from just that force itself. :)

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
There are a lot of stories I could tell here, many of which are fairly personal so please excuse me if I present things in a fairly vague fashion.

The oldest tale I could tell is probably the story of the stargazing child.

A child gazed upon the stars, wondering if there was anyone or anything gazing back at them. Let us sing the verse of a very old and classic children's nursery rhyme - "Star light, star bright; The first star I see tonight; I wish I may, I wish I might; Have the wish I wish tonight." The child wished for an answer
out there while gazing upon the stars. Month after month, the child wished and willed, hoped and dreamed, by the darkness of night and the star's light.

Eventually, something answered.

That was the first. Many of my other experiences since then have come on their own terms, when I've left a door open for them. The results are usually (but not always) positive. Sometimes things appear to be one thing, but end up being another. Sometimes connections last long, other times they drift and fade.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
There are a lot of stories I could tell here, many of which are fairly personal so please excuse me if I present things in a fairly vague fashion.

The oldest tale I could tell is probably the story of the stargazing child.

A child gazed upon the stars, wondering if there was anyone or anything gazing back at them. Let us sing the verse of a very old and classic children's nursery rhyme - "Star light, star bright; The first star I see tonight; I wish I may, I wish I might; Have the wish I wish tonight." The child wished for an answer
out there while gazing upon the stars. Month after month, the child wished and willed, hoped and dreamed, by the darkness of night and the star's light.

Eventually, something answered.

That was the first. Many of my other experiences since then have come on their own terms, when I've left a door open for them. The results are usually (but not always) positive. Sometimes things appear to be one thing, but end up being another. Sometimes connections last long, other times they drift and fade.
May I ask what form that answer came in?

The Sum of Awe

Corniger, the Other, the Father, the Brother.
Lucifer, Another, the Daughter, the Mother and the Many (in-) to the One.

I'm very close with them. They've done so much for me and I have for them as well. I had my first experience with Cornitch or Corniger as a very young child. Corniger is another name for the Horned One or Horned God, the Sabbatical Goat, etc. The Devil ain't always such a boogeyman. There's a lot that can be learned from just that force itself. :)
A lot of people say this, but I admittedly am still a bit afraid of Lucifer, probably because of how he is commonly portrayed.

The Sum of Awe

The deities I am closest with? The All-Father, the Morrigan, Aegir, Cernunnos, various land Spirits and Ancestors.

My experiences with them vary, so I couldn't really give you a good answer. Sometimes subtle, sometimes not so subtle.

First experience? Let's just say I had a chat with a Crow.
I recall you telling me about your experience with the crow. IIRC, you saw through its eyes, right?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
May I ask what form that answer came in?

Initially, by what I later learned was called automatic writing. It happened spontaneously. At the time I had no knowledge or awareness of modern occultism, modern magical practices, modern Paganism, any of it. That left me figuring out stuff entirely on my own, which had ups and downs. One consequence was I got very secretive about all of it, because I felt others, especially adults, would just consider it crazy and not take any of it seriously. That's a habit I've retained into adulthood, and honestly my instincts about it back then weren't exactly wrong. M
odern Paganism being accepting of stuff like this was a major reason why I latched onto it.

I can't remember anymore how many years I was limited to automatic writing, but at some point I stopped needing a notebook. I could just make contact with my "spirit guides" (if we want to call it that) at any time, as intuitively as breathing. These skills I'd built up as a kid ended up directly translating into making it easier to communicate with all sorts of things once I learned Paganism existed and started mindfully cultivating a tradition. Doesn't mean things always work, but my top aptitude is definitely journeywork because of the long history I have doing it.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Initially, by what I later learned was called automatic writing

The one time I did auto writing, scared the **** outta me. Wasn't quite sure what had or was happening. I've since learned about automatic writing, but I've gotta say the feeling of a "lack of control" gives me a lot of hesitancy.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The one time I did auto writing, scared the **** outta me. Wasn't quite sure what had or was happening. I've since learned about automatic writing, but I've gotta say the feeling of a "lack of control" gives me a lot of hesitancy.

It was kind of weird at first. Then it got less weird over time. I don't think I ever felt a lack of control, which is odd considering I was channeling. At any time I could just get up and stop writing... perhaps knowing that is what made me feel like I was in control?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It was kind of weird at first. Then it got less weird over time. I don't think I ever felt a lack of control, which is odd considering I was channeling. At any time I could just get up and stop writing... perhaps knowing that is what made me feel like I was in control?

That is true. And had I known that more intuitively then, I may not have had the issue I did. I know better now.