• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What color do you think we should make this forum?

What color should this DIR be?

• Blue (restricted)

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Green (Open)

• Purple (Exclusive)

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Plaid (Nevermind)

• Total voters

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Right now this DIR doesn't have a designation. The option are Blue (restricted), Green (Open). Purple (Exclusive).

Here's what the colors mean (from Rule 10):

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored blue, non-members of that area are limited only to respectful questions, and are not allowed to make any non-question posts.

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored green, non-members of that area may make respectful posts that comply with the tenets and spirit of that area. This includes questions, as well as knowledgeable comments.

The Same Faith Debates subforum is specifically for debate between members of the same faith. Members that are not part of a same faith debate thread's selected faith may not post at all in those threads. The Political "Only" subforums are also used specifically for that group and may not be posted in by members that do not correspond to the political position of the subforum. These two forums are colored purple.

By default, since this DIR is in the Political section, it should be purple, but there's been some talk about moving it to another section so it would help to know how you all want this DIR moderated.

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
Purple works for me. I genuinely want to talk to other feminists about certain topics, and not argue about what feminism is or isn't. It's already being posted in by a couple people who would never in a million years call themselves a feminist, justifying their presence by claiming they don't know what a feminist is so they don't know if they are one. Which is exactly the same stupid debate we wanted a DIR to escape from.

/rant

Last edited:

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Also, could there be a sticky with the definition of what a feminist is for this forum? Everyone seems to define it a little differently and having a set definition could help eliminate confusion.

For example, some people could be a feminist by some definitions, but not others (such as myself). So until one is specified, some of us may not be exactly sure if we can post in here or not.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I voted purple.

We don't have any stickies for "Liberal Only", "Conservative Only", or any other of the politically exclusive discussion forums for the purpose of defining them. If we choose to keep this forum purple, it should be treated no differently.

It's pretty simple, if you identify yourself as a feminist, you are welcome to post freely here understanding it's for discussion and not debate. If you don't identify yourself as a feminist, stick with respectful questions and save the debate for other areas of RF.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Purple is a good idea for now, as there is the big struggle going on regarding feminism in the online atheist community.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Just for further clarification: Purple DIRs aren't open to any posts whatsoever from people who don't identify with the DIRs' specified political positions. Outsiders may not post anything there, including questions.
*tentatively raises hand as quietly as possible*
Can we still vote in the polls?

If not, I have a wee bit of a confession to make...

If so, pay no attention to the fat man int he corner

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
*tentatively raises hand as quietly as possible*
Can we still vote in the polls?

If not, I have a wee bit of a confession to make...

If so, pay no attention to the fat man int he corner

Admins can see who voted in the poll, so I don't think it's much of an issue. ;)

Also, since this is a purple forum and I don't consider myself very knowledgeable on feminist literature or what the label entails, I'm going to refrain from posting in this thread for now (which is why I deleted the post you responded to on second thought).

Alceste

Vagabond
Admins can see who voted in the poll, so I don't think it's much of an issue. ;)

Also, since this is a purple forum and I don't consider myself very knowledgeable on feminist literature or what the label entails, I'm going to refrain from posting in this thread for now (which is why I deleted the post you responded to on second thought).

For what it's worth, I do consider you a feminist, and look forward to your contributions here should you ever decide to consider yourself one. :)

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
I'm voting purple for now but can we do it with the caveat that we can vote to switch to blue if we keep getting the same inane questions about what we call and how define it and other similar bs that we came here to avoid?

Alceste

Vagabond
I'm voting purple for now but can we do it with the caveat that we can vote to switch to blue if we keep getting the same inane questions about what we call and how define it and other similar bs that we came here to avoid?

Purple is actually supposed to be more restrictive than blue, not less. I'm just reporting the inane bs from anti-feminists who are trying to find a loophole. I doubt it will ever stop. This is the internet after all. Hardly the most peaceful place for feminists to discuss feminist ideas. ;)

I expect that at least here those posts will just be deleted and we don't need to address them.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Purple is actually supposed to be more restrictive than blue, not less. I'm just reporting the inane bs from anti-feminists who are trying to find a loophole. I doubt it will ever stop. This is the internet after all. Hardly the most peaceful place for feminists to discuss feminist ideas. ;)

I expect that at least here those posts will just be deleted and we don't need to address them.

Oh right, i got my colors mixed up:p.

Still my vote is for purple.