• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What books would be in a UU canon?

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
lilithu said:
The problem is that "friendly corrections" can easily turn into debates, and you yourself admit that the "myth" is widely believed.
I wasn't debating and had no intention of doing so. You over-reacted.

You're kidding me. So if a Muslim posting in the Islam DIR said that Christians worship three gods, you as a Christian would report that as an attack??
No. That would more than likely be a mistake also. It would actually take rather a lot more evidence for me to decide that someone's misreprsentation of my faith was wilfull and intended as an attack, but if I saw it, I would indeed report it. I'm just glad that Applewuud took my corrections more gracefully than you did. There really is nothing to fear from getting the facts right, you know.

James

Steven Avery

JamesThePersian said:
no the canon was not decided at Nicea. I have absolutely no idea who first started bandying this myth about James
Hi James,

Roger Pearse in the UK has a page discussing and disassembling the Nicaea
(and Constantine) canon myth. He does a great job on these types of issues.
As a newbie I can't post a link yet, simple google -

"The Council of Nicaea and the Bible"

And it will be near the top.

James, I have tried to contact you on a fascinating question in regards
to the Johannine Comma and the John Cassian reference. Please check
your PM or email, any help would be greatly appreciated :) .

Shalom,
Steven Avery
Queens, NY