• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What attributes do you love most in the Goddess?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
goddess.jpg

The Goddess- we know Her, we love Her, and we celebrate that we are Her! What divine (or non-divine ;) ) attributes do you love? Which ones do you acknowledge within yourself?

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Not much since I haven't really gotten to know her. I'm a God worshipper, but since there's no board for him, I guess I have to make do with what's here, don't I?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Not much since I haven't really gotten to know her. I'm a God worshipper, but since there's no board for him, I guess I have to make do with what's here, don't I?

Really? I was thinking the rest of the was forum was male oriented. :p

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Heheee! It was really the quickest image that I could find that would look nice in this thread. :) Feel free to post your own!

I'll take you up on that...

Here's one that I made myself:

Base by Shouri

I hate the way the hair looks, but I'm pleased with the concept...

EDIT: I think this hair is better, it's closer to the image in my mind

Attachments

• Goddess.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 234

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I'll take you up on that...

Here's one that I made myself:

Base by Shouri

I hate the way the hair looks, but I'm pleased with the concept...

That is incredibly beautiful! I love the way in which she seems to be kissing the world! Her eyes closed makes it easy to believe that she's empathizing with the creatures there!

Here are a few of mine:

Artemis: Protection of the innocent, love of the wild, strength, and the ability to discern anger from fury.

Persephone: Shamanistic attributes (going into the afterlife and coming back), sympathy, and the power to rise above what life has forced upon you.

Kwan Yin (Guan-Yin, Qwan-Yin, Miao Shan): Compassion for anyone suffering, love for the unloveable, the idea of helping others to help others.

Sekhmet: Righteous fury. Crone wisdom and healing.

Amaratsu (sp): Divine light and the wisdom to let others help you in your times of crisis.

Grandmother Spider: The power of story-telling, the importance of the family you make for yourself.

Grian

The Maiden abolishes judgment. The Mother replaces it with compassion. The Crone brings us timeless wisdom. The All Goddess accepts us into herself and gives us Completion.

bflydad

I see the Goddess as the giver of all things. I also cherish her nurturance and acceptance. I often feel like she is scooping me up and pressing me to her breast or enfolding me into her womb.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Okay, non-pagan with a stupid question here. I hope it's enough on-topic for me not to have to start a new thread. Feathers, the title of your thread implies that there is a single goddess. I thought all pagans were polytheistic. Do you believe in just one goddess or many? If you believe in many, I'm confused by your use of the words "the Goddess." Could you explain, please?

Grian

Not all Pagans are polytheistic, but it is possible to be both poly and mono at the same time. You could believe in a gazillion different faces, names, interpretations, etc. of Deity, but still believe it is one deity. Think of those prism crystal things that make rainbows when the light hits them. There are many lights radiating from the prism, but in actuality there is only one which is the source.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
While I don't know Feathers' reasoning, since I'm not her, but I can give an answer to one of those questions if that's okay.

I thought all pagans were polytheistic.

Not necessarily. I'll use myself and Guitar's Cry as examples 'cause I know he won't mind :) I'm polytheistic, I believe in a God of life and a God of death (I don't have a goddess, yet at least). He used to believe in a God and a Goddess, but recognized that they came from a single creative source. He saw this creative force as more powerful (of sorts) than the God or the Goddess, and went straight towards that. He was monotheistic. We are both pagans. Does that help?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Not all Pagans are polytheistic, but it is possible to be both poly and mono at the same time. You could believe in a gazillion different faces, names, interpretations, etc. of Deity, but still believe it is one deity. Think of those prism crystal things that make rainbows when the light hits them. There are many lights radiating from the prism, but in actuality there is only one which is the source.
LOL! Well, as a Christian who can't even grasp the concept of the Trinity, (much less believe it) multiplying that concept by a gazillion is just too much for me to even fathom. :) I'm assuming, from your explanation, that you are more or less talking about a concept similar in nature to the Christian Trinity, though. Am I right?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
While I don't know Feathers' reasoning, since I'm not her, but I can give an answer to one of those questions if that's okay.

Not necessarily. I'll use myself and Guitar's Cry as examples 'cause I know he won't mind :) I'm polytheistic, I believe in a God of life and a God of death (I don't have a goddess, yet at least). He used to believe in a God and a Goddess, but recognized that they came from a single creative source. He saw this creative force as more powerful (of sorts) than the God or the Goddess, and went straight towards that. He was monotheistic. We are both pagans. Does that help?
Yes it does. You and Grian have both cleared up a misconception I had about paganism. Thanks to you both.

Grian

LOL! Well, as a Christian who can't even grasp the concept of the Trinity, (much less believe it) multiplying that concept by a gazillion is just too much for me to even fathom. :) I'm assuming, from your explanation, that you are more or less talking about a concept similar in nature to the Christian Trinity, though. Am I right?

Yes, as a matter of fact I believe in a Trinity of the Goddess that equals a single Deity - much like the Christian Trinity. I'm glad we've been able to clear up a few things for you. :) Thanks for wanting to know.

NCBarbara

Religious Explorer
Personally, I believe the Goddess is the Mother God Azna. She is the Mother to all of us. She is the emotional counterpart to Father God, who is intellect. [The doesn't mean Azna has no intellect *grins*].

Goddess: loving, compassionate, protective, nuturing, a warrior, a mother.