• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are some good techniques to remove curses over yourself and loved ones??

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I really do feel as if my mom and I are cursed. We can't seem to get anywhere in life, especially since moving to Ohio. My mom works full time but has a small income and can't seem to really move ahead in her job. I am a mess of severe depression and anxiety and so I'm not able to work. I had a nervous breakdown in the 8th grade and never recovered from it, so I didn't finish high school. We have been rejected by both sides of our family, my dad took off in the mid-'90s and left us with nothing. One of my aunts kicked us out of my grandfather's house when he died and took everything over. Tomorrow, we might get kicked out of the apartment we're in now. So this will be the fourth time, if we get kicked out tomorrow, that we have had to hurry up and leave our home. When we left to come to Ohio, we ended up losing everything. That wasn't even the first time we've lost everything.

So our lives have been hell for over 20 years now. We have no control over our lives and are constantly at the mercy of others. What the hell is going on here? We're at our wit's end and can't take it anymore!

We figure that a lot of people hate us and are sending tons of bad vibes our way - relatives, ex-friends, neighbors, etc.

So what I'm wondering is if there's a way to remove all this horrible energy that's surrounding us to to fight back against it.

We have tried praying hard to the Christian god and that's gotten us nowhere. So what's some good, strong magickal techniques for battling this malevolent veil that seems to surround us?

I wish we had some occult shops, Vodoun shops, etc. around here but this is Ohio and there's nothing here but one crappy New Age shop. I want something that'll actually work. I'm fine with "black magick" and whatever else. Doesn't matter to me. I have no ethical restraints towards those who do me and my loved ones wrong (as long as it's legal because I don't feel like going to jail).

So, advice?

Last edited:

mimpibird39

So Many Gods!
I'm sorry to hear that you and your mom are going through this and I hope things work(ed) out for you both. I'm not sure if this will still be helpful or not but I'm going to share a few things. These are a couple of methods that are found in Benedicaria (Catholic folk magic of Southern Italy). I've adopted them for my own use but if you're Catholic, there are some palms or prayers you can say to go along with the magic.

Method 1: Take a lemon and some nails. Pins will also work. Stab the lemon with the nails. This is done to curse someone, protect oneself from the evil eye or to banish negative energies. This can also be used for healing (the lemon represents the body part that needs healing) or love magic. With each nail, say what you want to happen ("bad vibes, go away," etc.) or curse anyone by name who might be sending you bad vibes. Or pray over the lemon as each nail goes through it. Once you feel like you've gotten enough nails in, tie a red ribbon around it and hang it up in a doorway or window to drive out the evil eye or negative energies. I think the ribbon might be optional. In that case, just set it aside until it needs to be thrown out. I personally like to tie string or ribbon (any color of protection) around the lemon and leave it on my altar. The color red is usually used for protection.

Method 2: Take an egg, wash it in Holy Water and pray over it. (The wiki page says to pray "an Apostles' Creed, an Our Father and three Hail Marys"). Then gently rub the egg all over your body from head to toe. The egg is thought to absorb any negative energies attached to you. Once you're done, break the egg and get rid of it. Either throw it out, flush it down the toilet or bury it outside. I've also seen sources say to crack the egg open into a glass of water and "read" the egg for any signs or omens before getting rid of it. I've never done that though.

Method 3: Get a novena candle and pray over it. You can also read the flame and smoke to see if the spell or prayer is working. If you have a dollar store nearby, you can usually get at least a plain white one there. You can also burn some herbs of protection/cleansing/etc. or incense along with the candle.

Prayer of Protection

Thruve

Sheppard for the Die Hard
You could... learn how to do a bunch of holistic things and advertise for people to come see you lol
I once had chronic sinus headaches that lasted for years until I saw some holistic chinese women who taught me how to overcome them. Hot rags, mental strength (such as telling myself this doesnt hurt, focusing, etc), and it worked. Everytime I get a headache I know how to overcome it, if not make it go away, thanks to this women.Id go see a holistic doctor, and see what they have to offer. You'd be surprised xP

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You could... learn how to do a bunch of holistic things and advertise for people to come see you lol
I once had chronic sinus headaches that lasted for years until I saw some holistic chinese women who taught me how to overcome them. Hot rags, mental strength (such as telling myself this doesnt hurt, focusing, etc), and it worked. Everytime I get a headache I know how to overcome it, if not make it go away, thanks to this women.Id go see a holistic doctor, and see what they have to offer. You'd be surprised xP
I also recommend this. Shamans, holistic healers, and others tend to treat things that Western medicine either can't treat, won't treat, or refuses to acknowledge as something that needs treated.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll contribute here, though I'm not a follower of Witchcraft, because my sister-in-law is. She fancied herself a bruja, Spanish for witch. That said, another option is to go to the Hispanic community and find a bruja, brujo (male witch), santera or santero (priestess or priest of Santería). Brujería (witchcraft) is taken very, very seriously by Hispanics. The help and/or blessings of a bruja/o or santera/o may be of great help. This is not unlike the suggestions others gave.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'll contribute here, though I'm not a follower of Witchcraft, because my sister-in-law is. She fancied herself a bruja, Spanish for witch. That said, another option is to go to the Hispanic community and find a bruja, brujo (male witch), santera or santero (priestess or priest of Santería). Brujería (witchcraft) is taken very, very seriously by Hispanics. The help and/or blessings of a bruja/o or santera/o may be of great help. This is not unlike the suggestions others gave.
I actually had Hispanic culture in mind when I made my post, because Western medicine tends to have a limited effect within that culture (and many others), and many times they feel there are things that Western medicine leaves untreated. It also says alot on how we Westerners think we know it all, that we always know best, but we do not see some of the most simple and most basic things that we have pushed aside, marginalized, and made a non-issue within our own society. We even condemn alternative healing, even though it has had results. And even if the results are nothing more than placebo, what does it hurt? Psychologically, people who believe in such things tend to be in better shape after/during a traumatic experience than those that don't.