• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What an LDS Temple Looks Like Inside.....

Bishka

Veteran Member
These are pictures from the Winter Quarters Nebraska Temple

Celestiawinterl20room.jpg

The Celestial Room

Bishka

Veteran Member
:) This is just one temple. I wish that they had pictures of the interior of the Salt Lake Temple, it is AMAZING! Just absolutley beautiful! I'm glad some non-members noticed this thread!

Bishka

Veteran Member
standing_alone said:
I don't know. I just really like it. Maybe because I like water. :D

Well, I'm glad you liked it. That was the baptistry. This is where we do proxy baptisms for people who have passed on. Any one from age twelve on with a temple recommend can go!

standing_alone

beckysoup61 said:
Well, I'm glad you liked it. That was the baptistry. This is where we do proxy baptisms for people who have passed on. Any one from age twelve on with a temple recommend can go!

That's very interesting. I didn't know that there was a such thing as proxy baptisms. Let me see if I understand this correctly: So, for those who have passed on, they can give a baptism to a proxy (somebody standing in for that person)? Is that it? Or am I way off? - which is likely since I'm :drunk: .

Bishka

Veteran Member
standing_alone said:
That's very interesting. I didn't know that there was a such thing as proxy baptisms. Let me see if I understand this correctly: So, for those who have passed on, they can give a baptism to a proxy (somebody standing in for that person)? Is that it? Or am I way off? - which is likely since I'm :drunk: .

Nope you are right on. We do this so that EVERYBODY will have a chance at hearing the gospel. Not just those who were born in the right place at the right time. We believe that every deserves that. This practice is actually also mentioned very briefly in the Bible by Paul.

standing_alone

beckysoup61 said:
Nope you are right on. We do this so that EVERYBODY will have a chance at hearing the gospel. Not just those who were born in the right place at the right time. We believe that every deserves that. This practice is actually also mentioned very briefly in the Bible by Paul.

That's really cool.