• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'western' and 'eastern' LHP

I've read the thread and as far as I can tell the so called "Eastern LHP" is nothing more than RHP methods and goals cloaked in dark imagery. I don't find the term itself credible.

Oh? Do you have any arguments, facts, or examples to support that?(as I did for the inverse)

But seriously, this comment reads like you haven't been paying attention to the discussion.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I do find this to be an interesting thread and it has helped me to clarify certain things in my mind. I think I will stick mostly to the terms "Left Hand Path" or "Path of the Left" instead of adding the labels "Western" or "Eastern" to them, I personally don't find any real significance in either of these labels.

Last edited:

Kapalika

Premium Member
Isn't it basically to become Shiva who is a form of Brahman?

... No...

Okay, first off, I only talked about Shiva as it's what i personally do. All LHP (or what you would call "eastern" LHP) isn't exclusive to Shaivism.

Second, in Shaivism Shiva is *not* a form of Brahman but is considered it in totality.

I've read the thread and as far as I can tell the so called "Eastern LHP" is nothing more than RHP methods and goals cloaked in dark imagery. I don't find the term itself credible.

I personally can't really agree with this as The Hindus and Buddhists ect have been using LHP for centuries before anything occult.

Also in my opinion it's not really Right Hand due to all the Heterodoxy and taboo involved even if there is a perceived "union" by some (the Spanda view is that you simply become aware of your nature and then your will and personality is infinitely multiplied). It's not really right hand path to eat out of human skulls and meditate in dead people's ashes and walk around naked like the Aghori. Or to be involved in sex magick like in the LHP sects of Vajrayana and nibble on flesh of corpses before cremating them. Or raising up power by invoking deities by imitating them in the way that the Hindu and Buddhist ect LHP does. Actually method wise there are more similarities than differences between western and eastern if one is actually involved with meditation and magic and is involved in the taboo and heterodox practices of it.

Unfortunately I feel that some people have clouded a clear understanding of so called "eastern" Left Hand Path by virtue of their own mission to make their idea of the Left Hand Path seem like the only "true" Left Hand Path. Really it's the same crap that's ****ed up Satanism for so long. Religion is pretty subjective. People are going to disagree. There isn't any one "true path" of anything.

Kapalika

Premium Member
I can agree with this. The only "true" path is the one that you resonate with and that works for you.

I'd also like to clarify that I agree with the part about adding the part "western" or "eastern" not really having any value. The Left Hand Path is the Left Hand Path.