• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Were in the bible does it right out call jesus savior?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Luke

Luke begins by talking about John the Baptist, then Jesus. He follows this by imitating the prayer of Hannah on Mary's lips. Therefore in Luke it happens that John the Baptist is like Samuel, and Jesus is like David. All of this happens in the first two chapters of Luke.

Luke asserts that the reason Israel has problems is that it must be wrong in some way, somehow making a mistake that has gone undetected until now. An angel tells Mary in Luke chapter 2 that Jesus will correct this, saving Israel. He will SAVE Israel from error. In chapter 1 it says Jesus will be like King David but better. The errors plaguing Israel will finally be dealt with! David's throne is plagued by war and leads to the division and destruction of the nation. Not so with Jesus who will found a dynasty lasting for all of time.

Luke 1 has Mary's prayer which strongly imitates Hannah's prayer about Samuel, from 1 Samuel 2. Its a wonderful prayer and so is Mary's almost a line by line copy. They are the same prayer in all essentials. The story is telling us by imitating Hannah's prayer that Israel has fallen into error as in the days of Eli and that John the Baptist will be like Samuel and Jesus like a new better David. The story of Hannah is established canon already at the time of the writing of Matthew, so the allusion is meant to be obvious.

Last edited:

Truth in love

Were in the bible does it right out call jesus savior?:)
In short all over the place

Lord is … my salvation, Ex. 15:2.

my fortress, and my deliverer, 2 Sam. 22:2.

Lord is my light and my salvation, Ps. 27:1.

thou art my help and my deliverer, Ps. 40:17 (70:5).

They forgat God their saviour, Ps. 106:21.

my deliverer; my shield, Ps. 144:2.

he shall send them a saviour, Isa. 19:20.

I am … the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour, Isa. 43:3.

beside me there is no saviour, Isa. 43:11

God of Israel, the Saviour, Isa. 45:15.

whosoever shall call on the … Lord shall be delivered, Joel 2:32.

he shall save his people from their sins, Matt. 1:21.

my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour, Luke 1:47.

born … in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ, Luke 2:11.

world through him might be saved, John 3:17.

this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour, John 4:42.

whosoever shall call on the … Lord shall be saved, Acts 2:21.

none other name … whereby we must be saved, Acts 4:12

Him hath God exalted … to be a Prince and a Saviour, Acts 5:31.

did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer, Acts 7:35.

raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus, Acts 13:23.

shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth, Acts 13:47.

shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, Rom. 11:26.

we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, Philip. 3:20.

we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour, 1 Tim. 4:10.

glorious appearing of … our Saviour, Titus 2:13.

he is the propitiation for our sins, 1 Jn. 2:2.

sent the Son to be the Saviour, 1 Jn. 4:14.

Last edited:

Bree

Were in the bible does it right out call jesus savior?:)

Titus 2:13 while we wait for the happy hope+ and glorious manifestation of the great God and of our Savior, Jesus Christ

2 Timothy 1:10 but now it has been made clearly evident through the manifestation of our Savior, Christ Jesus,+ who has abolished death+ and has shed light on life+ and incorruption+ through the good news

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Were in the bible does it right out call jesus savior?

"Did Jesus say he was a saviour?" I put it with Google as search term and got the following answer:
13 Bible verses about Jesus Christ, Savior

Luke 2:11
for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
1 Timothy 1:15
It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all.
Luke 19:10
For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
Acts 13:23
From the descendants of this man, according to promise, God has brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus,
Titus 2:13
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

Matthew 1:21
She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”
Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
Ephesians 5:23
For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.
Philippians 3:20
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;
2 Timothy 1:10
but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,
1 Timothy 4:10
For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.
John 4:42
and they were saying to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves and know that this One is indeed the Savior of the world.”
1 John 4:14
We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.
13 Bible verses about Jesus Christ, Savior

And none of these* is from (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, please. Right?
When Jesus did not claim to be a savior himself and gave no reason for this claim, why disrespect him and accuse him of being a savior, please? Right?

Regards

Ijaz Ahmad

When some people believe that Jesus died on the cross that means Jesus can not save his life from some people in this world. How Jesus can save us?

cataway

When some people believe that Jesus died on the cross that means Jesus can not save his life from some people in this world. How Jesus can save us?
you should ask what are you to be saved from ? .ah many say they are saved .are they ?