• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome Spirit Of Peace

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
On April 17 , in the Peace River area , a premature male White Buffalo was born , weighting in at nine kilos . He has been named Spirit Of Peace , and appears to be doing well . :)

I thought that there was a thread on honor of Miracle , a female White Buffalo born in Wisconsin on August 20 , 1994 , but I couldn't find it . Miracle pasted away last year , on September 19 . They say that such a Bison has a one in ten million chance of being born . Strange that one comes along to replace Miracle so soon . I wish Spirit Of Peace a long and healthy life .

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
There have been an increasing number of white buffalo being born.
around 13-14 between Miracles birth in 94 to 2005... one herd in ND has four white buffalo in it. Most are born normal and turn white as they age, but one in AZ was born white, to a white mother in '04

Spirit of Peace is a wonderful sign and I wish him well... but he isn't a replacement for Miracle.
One he is a male, White Buffalo Woman was well... a female. ;)
Second Miracle changed color as she grew, just as White Buffalo Woman did becomeing yellow, red, blue, black and brown... sadly she died before becoming white again.

However he does let us know that White Buffalo Woman is still out there. :D

Here is wishing him a long happy life. :woohoo:

wa:do

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
For those who don't know the story:
White Buffalo Calf Woman (Adapted from Keepers of the Earth)
It was a time of hunger. Two young men, searching for game, saw a beautiful young woman approaching from the horizon, her feet not touching the ground. She was wrapped in a white buffalo skin and carried something in her hands.
One young man recognized her as a holy person and thought good thoughts, but the other saw only a beautiful young woman and thought to do her harm. As she approached, he reached out to grab her, but instead he became covered by a cloud. When the cloud left, the young man was nothing but a skeleton.

The White Buffalo Calf Woman told the other young man to return to his people to prepare for her coming. "Tell your people that it is a good thing I am bringing. I am bringing a holy thing to your nation, a message from the Buffalo People."

The young man returned. His people prepared for the holy thing which would be coming by building a medicine lodge and making all things ready. In four days the White Buffalo Calf Woman came to the people, carrying a wrapped bundle and a bunch of sacred sage. She was made welcome and honored by the people. Then she unwrapped the bundle and showed them what she had brought--the Sacred Pipe. She told them what each part represented: the red bowl representing the flesh and blood of the buffalo people and all people, the wooden stem--all green and growing things; the smoke --the sacred wind that carries prayers. She showed them how to offer the Pipe to Earth and Sky and the four Sacred Directions. She told them many mysteries.

"I am going to leave," she said, "but you will see me again." As she walked toward the setting sun, she stopped and rolled on the Earth. When she stood up she was a black buffalo. Then she went further and rolled again. This time when she stood up she was a brown buffalo. The third time she was a red buffalo. The fourth and final time, she became a white buffalo calf and disappeared.

As soon as the White Buffalo Calf Woman had disappeared, herds of buffalo appeared all around the camp. The people gave thanks with the Sacred Pipe for all of the blessings they had received. As long as they followed the lessons they had been taught--that all things are connected as parts of the pipe--they lived happily and well.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
wow... very... short. ;)
There is a bit more to the story than that... but it isn't my Nation or my story to be telling.

The sacred pipe that White Buffalo Woman gave to the Lakota people is still with them, though age has made it to fragile for all but the most important ceremonies. Her gift is still with the people, dispite the craze for collecting that took many other sacred items away. :D

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
painted wolf said:
wow... very... short. ;)
There is a bit more to the story than that... but it isn't my Nation or my story to be telling.

The sacred pipe that White Buffalo Woman gave to the Lakota people is still with them, though age has made it to fragile for all but the most important ceremonies. Her gift is still with the people, dispite the craze for collecting that took many other sacred items away. :D

Yes, I purposely looked for a condensed version.