• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We did it!

Acim

Revelation all the time
I'm fairly certain that I alone cannot write, explain the primary points of this post. Thank God, you're here.

The fundamental point, I think, is that "we" invokes a sense of knowledge and authority unlike any other perspective.

The things that we know, that we do, that we agree on, that we disagree on - all that, and more - often fascinates me, while far more often, I take it for granted.

To me, "we" is a theological concept. A fundamental variable in the rational basis for understanding God. Yeah, I know that's kind of bold claim, but if not 'God,' then something perhaps far more challenging to squarely define. And yet, commonly reference, very relational. Arguably the basis of all relations.

I think it is fair to say that we may misspeak whenever we make claims about us. Also fair to say we are likely greatly limited in our understanding of "us" whenever we invoke it. But perhaps that's just whenever I invoke it.

What I'm conveying, thus far, strikes me as esoteric (usage of the concept), but is me also saying in some instances, I see no way around that. And arguably most cases. If "we" is you and I and that other person, not so esoteric. Very quantifiable. Yet, when we grows to those in our neighborhood, or community, or state, or nation, or planet - I'd say clearly esoteric.

Add in, as I do (routinely), those of us that have passed on, but are (arguably) still with us, then even more esoteric.

Wondering if solipsism is at other end of spectrum of what I'm conveying, or is parallel to it? Routinely wonder if "Know Thy Self" is fully intended to take we/us into account? I believe, and find rational, that theologically it is such.

Title of the thread was mostly intended as cliche cutesy way of introducing the topic. But truth be told, my Gnostic / New Age self lays claim to foundational assertion of us as creators of this universe. And that we is far bigger, far more magnificent than physical senses may ever realize, much less find (so called) evidence for.

So, when I say "we did it" it is reference to "God did it" as that relates to creation of the universe and how it is all being managed, unfolding.

But currently feeling like I've said enough for an opening post.