• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Nietzsche correct?

MSizer

MSizer
Mark 10

29 "I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30 will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life.
''

Is this Jesus suggesting that it is ultimately important to follow him, even if that means defying your loved ones or ridding yourself of posessions?

If that's what it means, I am very disappointed indeed. I thought Jesus was wiser than one who would say such a thing.

Gino Cerutti

Italian
''

Is this Jesus suggesting that it is ultimately important to follow him, even if that means defying your loved ones or ridding yourself of posessions?

If that's what it means, I am very disappointed indeed. I thought Jesus was wiser than one who would say such a thing.
There is as well the second part: who follows him will receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life.
It means that as well the present life is better if you live it as Christian.