• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WAs Christ pagan?

OH sweet goddess, do I even dare answer this one LOL

There are many people out there who say they are pagan yet worship Christ...christ, like a lot of pagan deities, is simply a symbol, a focus for your ritual - so why not.. if Christ has meaning in your life, then I don't have a problem with anyone using him.

Was Christ pagan...... can't really answer that one... there's a bumper sticker going around "If Jesus were around today, he'd be a witch"..... so yeah, he probably was.

Christ God? Definitely not... son of god... hmmm... well we're all sons and daughters of the god and goddess. I would say he was simply a good man who felt the God in his life and wanted to share it.

RavenRose

It all boils down to how much we can trust the four Gospels : Matthew, mark, Luke, and John.

I need to read a book that talks on the Bible. Unfortunatly I'm reading other books and don't have the time. I'll get back on this one if I ever get the time.

ErikaLee

I agree with Azh.

There are a lot of people, be they Pagan or Atheist or whatever that feel that if they embrace even the smallest aspect of Christianity they will be in fear of embracing Christianity as a whole.

I know people who have to disregard the Bible completely or else have to believe it completely.

Jesus was a good person who did good things. If he had been Buddhist and not Jewish would we hesitate to value him as a Religious Figure?

I think people also forget that Christianity was created as a Religion AFTER Jesus died and he had no part in it. So why blame the man for what others did and still do in his name?

In order for Jesus to have been Pagan, in my opinion, he would have had to have worshipped Nature and the female entity more. But he was absolutely a HEATHEN according to the Jewish and Roman authorities, so why not? lol

EL

All this talk about whether Christ would have been a pagan/Buddist/witch/industrial metalhead leads me to the realization of one thing ... CHRIST wasn't even a CHRISTIAN!! He was a Jew! I mean, labels are important to some degree (for personal identity), but some of this has gotten a little out of hand.

As far as atheists and pagans fearing the anticipation of embracing Christianity as a whole if they embrace a little bit of it, I don't understand? What is there to fear? I mean, I can see some hard lining Bible thumpers admonishing the "backsliden" (as they call them) for not accepting Jesus fully with heart, mind, soul, and fingernails. And if that's the case .... who cares?

This "with us or against us" mentality that Churches feed their members make spirituality more reflective of a 5 on 5 pick-up game of basketball than true spritual and self awareness. This sounds like the same nonsense when Churches were telling their congregations in 1850 that slavery was ordained by God. The same nonsense in 1945 when Churches were telling their members that "the United States, with the help of God, gave us the A-bomb so that we could save millions of American lives." And the same Churches that are been telling their members today that the Bible says homosexuality is dirty and unclean.

In which case, we are asking the wrong questions. And one of those questions should be: how do political power mongers use language to control people. And the ironic part is, this rhetoric has been moving people AWAY from Christ's message rather than towards it.

Runt

Lmao, if you want my answer on this, look at this topic under the Christianity forums... :p