• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Want a $100,000 salary? Work for Taco Bell!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I saw a news clip about a guy who started out working at McDonald's as a teen, and now he owns several franchises and makes quite a bit. A lot of money in fast food.

On the other hand, I've noticed quite a few slow food restaurants going out of business around here lately.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
On the other hand, I've noticed quite a few slow food restaurants going out of business around here lately.

Much of Europe seems to be the opposite with slow food restaurants popping up all over the place. I think its perhaps that unlike than the united kingdom (who seem to be fast food addicts), other European countries recognise chef and restaurant workers as valid career paths. The lunch breaks also tend to be longer, 2.5 to 3 hours is the norm in southern euro countries. A much better environment to enjoy a meal.

I have seen several indipendent fast food places close but the big chains are doing very well. The MacDonald's chain for example have the busiest restaurant in France. Don't ask me why?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Much of Europe seems to be the opposite with slow food restaurants popping up all over the place. I think its perhaps that unlike than the united kingdom (who seem to be fast food addicts), other European countries recognise chef and restaurant workers as valid career paths. The lunch breaks also tend to be longer, 2.5 to 3 hours is the norm in southern euro countries. A much better environment to enjoy a meal.

Yes, I've heard that Europeans tend to have longer lunch breaks. Most companies in the U.S. only give 30 minutes, so it doesn't leave much time to eat.

I have seen several indipendent fast food places close but the big chains are doing very well. The MacDonald's chain for example have the busiest restaurant in France. Don't ask me why?

Maybe it's because they have french fries? Or do they call them "freedom fries" over there?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yes, I've heard that Europeans tend to have longer lunch breaks. Most companies in the U.S. only give 30 minutes, so it doesn't leave much time to eat.

Maybe it's because they have french fries? Or do they call them "freedom fries" over there?

Yes, longer lunch but work later into the evening

Just frits or fries.everyone knows they are a Belgian invention and Belgian fries doesnt sound american ;-)