• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wandering Bishops

jerzybg

Hi,
Do you know any so-called wandering bishops in your area?
If the answer is "Yes", please describe them.

jerzybg

According to wikipedia:
Episcopi vagantes (Episcopus vagans, singular) (Latin for "wandering bishops") are persons who have been consecrated as bishops in a Christian church in some irregular fashion, especially those claiming to have valid Roman Catholic orders although their consecrations were not authorized by that church, or those having orders that the Roman Catholic Church considers valid although the bishop in question is not a member of that church or any other communion

Smoke

Done here.
http://www.schwert-bischof.com/english/The_Instrument/the_instrument.html

Sword - Bishop's website. He is probably one of wandering bishops.
[FONT=Arial Rounded MT Bold,sans-serif]Directed by the power of GOD to operate outside ecclesiastical authority, I speak freely and act without hierarchical constraint as GOD allows me to perceive within my heart. My jurisdiction as Bishop refers directly to JESUS CHRIST, the sovereign Head of the Church. Although extraordinary, such is known by the Church and, by general consent, is based on ecclesiastical lawfulness. (...)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Rounded MT Bold,sans-serif]Consequently we tried more than once to have an audience with the Pope. However, we never received an answer back.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Rounded MT Bold,sans-serif]I know that it is very difficult to acknowledge a Bishop who has been consecrated without the official Church’s consent. However, Heaven confirms this consecration by signs and miracles: dead rise again, sick people are healed, sinners are converted. In manifold and uncountable ways, GOD’s blessing reveals itself.[/FONT]
Episcopi vagantes generally have a meticulously-documented line of succession back to one or more Catholic or Orthodox bishop. Sword-Bishop is apparently self-consecrated.