• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vote brigading

Kapalika

Premium Member
Today Gillette made a very inspirational video calling on more men to speak up against bullying, misogyny, harassment and sexual assault:

As of this post, it has 5k upvotes and 40k upvotes. It is definitely artificial at such an extreme like that but again this has been seen before. It's called vote brigading and it's often orchastrated by so called "anti-SJW's" and "anti-feminists". It's a mass organized effort to down vote something for political reasons. Some notable anti-feminist youtubers such as Sargon of Akkad attacked the video and will probably continue to do so, while claiming to be "classical liberals" or "egalitarians".

Part of their criticism is that it "attacks" men when it's actually saying that men are better than this, that men do call it out but that more men shouldn't be afraid to speak up about it. I think it just goes to show what happens when so many men who are bullies and misogynists feel attacked, and try to lump all men in with them. It's that systemic. For example one comment lamented that "boys raised on social justice" will come out as somehow as less then men. Like, straight out attacking any social justice.

And people try to claim the patriarchy isn't real or that it is dead.

Last edited:

Ellen Brown

I've never seen such a disparity between up and down votes. I am so sad over this. It shows me that women are currently enjoying pseudo power, and it could be gone very fast.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The irony is that the type of guys who participate in elaborate, coordinated internet hijinks such as vote brigading, memeing, trolling, etc. were/are likely the "basement dwelling nerd" types who themselves were/are reutinely bullied, and their anti-feminism/anti#metoo sentiment a likely result of "incel" frustration and resentment.

Kapalika

Premium Member
I've never seen such a disparity between up and down votes. I am so sad over this. It shows me that women are currently enjoying pseudo power, and it could be gone very fast.

Ya, it only got worse, stabilizing at 10% upvoted. Most controversial videos at worst might be 33% but tend to be around 50%, depending on the topic. But I assure anyone that 90% of the population isn't anti-feminist so it's coordinated by a vocal group.

The irony is that the type of guys who participate in elaborate, coordinated internet hijinks such as vote brigading, memeing, trolling, etc. were/are likely the "basement dwelling nerd" types who themselves were/are reutinely bullied, and their anti-feminism/anti#metoo sentiment a likely result of "incel" frustration and resentment.

Good point, I didn't even think of that.Sucks too they ruin memes since of themselves they are not bad... though they are also the types that ruined pepe the frog by getting it associated with the alt-right to the point the comic creator had to retire the character.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll confess that I was bullied and harassed in elementary school, but I had no other choice but to learn to toughen up. After a time, I turned the tables on my tormentors to the point where they started to fear me. It's a cruel world, and the bottom line is, bullies don't listen to shaming, pleas for mercy, begging, or appeals to reason. There's really only one language they understand. Sad but true.