• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vladimir Putin's soldiers 'pumped full of drugs' so they can fight for hours in Ukraine

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The Mirror has mixed reliability from what I understand but I give some credence to this story. There have been other reports about drugs and Russian soldiers.

Vladimir Putin's soldiers 'pumped full of drugs' so they can fight for hours in Ukraine

Recalling the horrific scenes, Andriy said: "They're climbing above the corpse of their friends, stepping on them.

"It looks like it's very, very likely that they are getting some drugs before attack."

The soldier remembered one particularly horrendous battle in which he and 19 comrades fought as 200 Russians stormed their positions for 10 grinding hours.

Their guns became so hot they had to keep changing them.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The Mirror has mixed reliability from what I understand but I give some credence to this story. There have been other reports about drugs and Russian soldiers.

Recalling the horrific scenes, Andriy said: "They're climbing above the corpse of their friends, stepping on them.

"It looks like it's very, very likely that they are getting some drugs before attack."

The soldier remembered one particularly horrendous battle in which he and 19 comrades fought as 200 Russians stormed their positions for 10 grinding hours.

I remember reading about how the Nazis gave their own troops speed as well. Apparently, it can have the effect of making one more aggressive and recklessly fearless. It's also addictive, which gives the supplier an extra hold over the addict. But it seems to turn them into mindless killing machines, which is what they apparently want.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I remember reading about how the Nazis gave their own troops speed as well. Apparently, it can have the effect of making one more aggressive and recklessly fearless. It's also addictive, which gives the supplier an extra hold over the addict. But it seems to turn them into mindless killing machines, which is what they apparently want.
I seen those documentaries.

It's pretty crazy stuff.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Tabloid trash. Oh, and CNN, even worse. Even the BLM rioters in 2020 had the good sense to attack their headquarters. :D I wouldn't be surprised if those people are a bunch of actors, being as it is propaganda.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
There's got to be something in the rules of war against this sort of thing. Feeding dangerous drugs to troops has to be considered a war crime.

Yeah, I'm not so sure.
It's a tangent, but in Afghanistan, Australian Special Forces units (SAS) routinely included a single US Officer.
All prisoners were captured were deemed in the custody of that single US Officer. On one occasion that meant 66 prisoners of an SAS unit were under the nominal custody of 1 US officer, and none of the Australians were technically in charge of any.

Why is that? Because Australia had committed to holding to the Geneva Convention on POW treatment, whilst America had been arguing that since Afgahnistan was a 'failed state' the Geneva Convention didn't apply.

Interrogation techniques used (reported by Major George O’Kane as being generally regarded as cruel and inhuman treatment, and in some cases torture) were reported within Australian Parliament as being consistent with the Geneva Convention. Further, the ADF Chief at the time had raised concerns to the then Defence Minister that this 'arrangement may not fully satisfy Australia’s legal obligations and in any event will not be viewed as promising a respect for the rule of law'.

TLDR; The rules of war are enforced on conclusion of hostilities, and by the victorious party. They are commonly focused on treatment of enemy combatants, and have historically been attacked on all counts because of it. 'Oh, they're not actual combatants, as they are irregulars'...'Oh, well, there is no state of war, so war rules don't apply.' 'Oh, well, they were housed outside of American soil, so American laws don't apply.'

Lots of loopholes. And drugging your own troops pales into insignificance when compared to some of the nuclear testing performed back in the day, or the careless use of defoliant's in Vietnam, or...eesh...lots of stuff...

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It does not appear to be the most reliable of sources. It is a left central source with a mixed rating. I like to see if I can find the same story at either more reliable sources or on the other side of the political spectrum Forbes is about as far right as the Mirror (or Daily Mirror) is on the left. And it is one step up in reliability. They are reporting the same story:

Are Drugs Making Russian Soldiers Act Like Zombies?

The N.Y. Post also covered that story. But I have not seen the major cover it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Sounds like what the Nazis did.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There's got to be something in the rules of war against this sort of thing. Feeding dangerous drugs to troops has to be considered a war crime.

How about the rule of no war. That make more sense.

Also then ban all recreational drugs and alcohol.

Regards Tony

Heyo

Veteran Member
They can set up a tribunal after the war.
To prosecute those they get hold of. Nobody is going to get tried before the Hague court as Russia, like the US, have rescinded their agreement to the Rome statute.
What good is a law if it can be used against you?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
How about the rule of no war. That make more sense.

Also then ban all recreational drugs and alcohol.

Regards Tony

I think you're confusing rules with actions.
You can ban alcohol and drugs as much as you like, but that doesn't mean they suddenly don't exist.
And whilst pacifism is a noble position to hold, that too has proven ineffective in preventing wars.

If your position is 'Hey, if all people acted peacefully, we'd have peace...', then sure. It's a truism.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think you're confusing rules with actions.
You can ban alcohol and drugs as much as you like, but that doesn't mean they suddenly don't exist.
And whilst pacifism is a noble position to hold, that too has proven ineffective in preventing wars.

If your position is 'Hey, if all people acted peacefully, we'd have peace...', then sure. It's a truism.

I see rules will be eventually set. No nation will be able to rise against another Nation.

That would be a great rule.

Regards Tony