• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vision Quests

I have been reading up on Vision Quests, and was wondering if anyone has had any experiences. I'm not speaking about the phychotropic type, but the fasting and spending days alone in the wilderness. I am planning on doing this myself, and would love to hear any experiences.

As of yet, I have only been able to spend at most, one day at a time in the wilderness. I am planning on going for at least three days straight.

Student of X

Paradigm Shifter
Yep, I've completed a three day vision quest in the Arizona desert, where my Peyote church is located. In AZ Peyote is legal.

Last edited:

Student of X

Paradigm Shifter
Excellent! Could you expound on your experience, please

Hmm. Well, first I fasted for a day. Then I performed the Peyote ingestion ceremony in the desert evening...that took about 8 hours or so. You have to drink it slowly. Then I walked in the spirit for another day. Spirit-walk is our term for vision quest. Then I recovered for a day. Peyote truly is an amazing plant. It was a spiritually transformative experience. Priceless...

Student of X

Paradigm Shifter
Yeah the people there are the best.

Bring grapefruit. Nothing beats grapefruit for breaking the fast after your spiritwalk.