• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Virgin Birth or Virgin of Virginity Birth Occurrence

Iymus

Deleted prior comment because it would have been seen as contradictory.

When OT emphasizes a woman that has not had relations with a man it is made known or the term virginity is used. I am referring to english translations.

Without stating that the virgin has not known a man, or without virginity being mentioned; It does not seem one can say virgin is someone that has specifically never had sex or lost her tokens of virginity.

Virgin emphasizes a young woman when translated from almah.

Virginity is possessing tokens of virginity or specifically not knowing a man translated from bĕthuwliym.

So it seems one could say a virgin may or may not possess tokens of virginity.

If one could say a virgin may or may not posses her tokens of virginity, then one could say a virgin may or may not have known a man.

It would have to depend on the context on which it is used.

Could words have been translated better and more clearer ? Perhaps

But we can get context through study and listening.

2Ti 2:15 KJV Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1Jn 4:1 KJV Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Last edited:

Iymus

It occurred to me that perhaps my whole post is carnal.

Reason being is because it does not matter the definition of a Virgin because there is only one way for one to conceive and have a child when it comes to our kind.

Iymus

The birth itself is a common sign.

Isa 7:11 Ask thee a sign of the LORD thy God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above.
Isa 7:12 But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the LORD.
Isa 7:13 And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign;