• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Victimless Crimes

If there is no victim should it be a crime?

• Yes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

capthowdy

Astarot
the american pharmacutical companies and the drugs they put out are far more dangerous and used on a wider level, don't you think that would be a more viable arguement?

but then again this thread isn't about drug laws. It's about victimless crimes, drug use is not a victimless crime...I know that first hand on many levels, so we agree there.

So my a victimless crime in my opinion would, yes and I say it agian, jaywalking

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
If the jaywalker steps in front of a car and gets hit, the victim is the driver whose car is likely damaged, whose insurance just went up and who has to live with injuring or possibly even killing someone.... I know first hand on many levels, so we agree here.

But this thread isn't about the legality of jaywalking ;)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Ryan2065 said:
Sorry Feathers, but suicide has victims.
You're right, and I apologize. I have no debate there about that in itself. I have a tendancy to empathize with people in such pain, but that does not mean that there aren't victims. (Especially the person who might be commiting it.) My sympathy for the people involved should not have swayed my argument, and I'm sorry.

capthowdy

Astarot
Snowbear said:
If the jaywalker steps in front of a car and gets hit, the victim is the driver whose car is likely damaged, whose insurance just went up and who has to live with injuring or possibly even killing someone.... I know first hand on many levels, so we agree here.

But this thread isn't about the legality of jaywalking ;)

hehehe, right on, yes it's true any crime brought up in this thread can have victims in the right circumstances.....so then what is a victimless crime?

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
capthowdy said:
hehehe, right on, yes it's true any crime brought up in this thread can have victims in the right circumstances.....
I was wondering when someone would pick up on that ;)

In addition, there can be victims even when no crime has been committed :(
capthowdy said:
....so then what is a victimless crime?
As pointed out, under the right (wrong?) circumstances, every "crime" can have a victim. But for many crimes, just 'cause a "crime" was commited, doesn't mean it resulted in a victim...