• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Veterans Day words of wisdom from a vet

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
For my family and my neighbors, America stood for something real, something tangible. America, and therefore Americans, stood for freedom, family, truth and justice. We stood for the promise of opportunity with hard work and a transparent – if imperfect – government that represented the best of us and was held to the highest standards of our ideals.

More than anything, the E Pluribus Unum (out of many, one) motto taught me that America stood for inclusiveness — and that our differences made us stronger and better.

During my time serving in uniform, I had the opportunity to see these values and ideals in action. The selflessness and service of the veterans I have met and served with are the living embodiment of what America and American values mean to me.
To honor veterans for Veterans Day, honor the American ideals that we represent — for those ideals are worth far more than the ribbons we wear or the flags we wave. Let us seek honesty and truth in ourselves, and let us hold our leaders to those same standards.

We should not accept anything less.
Wearing the uniform of this country was the honor of my life. Whether we fought in Salerno or Inchon, Khe Sanh or Helmand Province, my husband and I are proud to be a part of an unbroken chain of men and women who have served with integrity and distinction.

McGrath: We can honor veterans by seeking truth and honesty from ourselves and our leaders

(And this is one reason I've donated to Amy McGrath's campaign for Senate.)