• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Very confusing...

As-Salamu Alaykum!

As a Sunni Muslim who wasn't really all that practicing until recently... I am trying to stay open-minded to all religions and sects of Islam. Not because I am seeking another way of life, but rather just to be able to understand their beliefs, thoughts, etc.

Open mindedness is a double edge sword. It is good because it cuts down on ignorance and opens up roads for dialogue.

The dangers when you have not developed your knowledge of your own fate enough... You can easily get confused by others because everybody has a firm belief in their faith and everybody tries to sell it to the best of their abilities.

I pray that Allah eases my task and protects me from going astray.

Muslim Bushido

Walaykum As-Salam

Reading Qur'an and praying Nawafl(Night prayer) often will keep you on the straight path and make you strong believer, will enhance your quality of life and give you many benefits.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As-Salamu Alaykum!

As a Sunni Muslim who wasn't really all that practicing until recently... I am trying to stay open-minded to all religions and sects of Islam. Not because I am seeking another way of life, but rather just to be able to understand their beliefs, thoughts, etc.

Open mindedness is a double edge sword. It is good because it cuts down on ignorance and opens up roads for dialogue.

The dangers when you have not developed your knowledge of your own fate enough... You can easily get confused by others because everybody has a firm belief in their faith and everybody tries to sell it to the best of their abilities.

You mirrored my position as well. :) I think studying the Quran deeply and its meanings, along with reading books about Islam will make it easier for you to understand Islam more.

noh950

Noh
As-Salamu Alaykum!

Alaykum esalam wa rahmatu Allah

My brother seek knowledge, seek knowledge and strength yourself with faith and knowledge before to try to understand the other creeds.

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
As-Salamu Alaykum!

Pray Pray Pray and let Allah (swt) guide you to the truth. Sincere believers cannot be led astray if they rely only on Allah (swt) and not what others say.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
As-Salamu Alaykum!

IMHO the best straight way to allah is our complete submission to him.
So for me alhamdulelah i don't follow any section,my only section is the one way to allah and which is Islam,not sunni,not shai,not suffi,not ahmadi..etc.
That is Just my opinion and everyone of course is free in his choice,god guide us to the straight path.

islam abduallah

As-Salamu Alaykum!

it's good to learn but as you said it's risky indeed too risky, when i did like you reading about different sects a lot of doubts come to me even in Islam itself and spent a lot of time to recover again, so take care