• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vegetarianism

Is vegetarianism is good for health??

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
Some poor people just eat whatever they have without even thinking about a healthy diet but they still alive untill this day. Weird huh?? I figure out that we shouldn't be too concern about our diet (except for bodybuilder). Even the lion don't eat vegetables like us but they look quite healthy for me. The most important is to keep a good proportion and eat moderately. :D

Animals are generally separated into herbivores (eat plants only), carnivores (eat meat only) and omnivores (eats both), with the digestive system to match (although not always).
Human are classified as omnivores by the way. ;)

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Animals are generally separated into herbivores (eat plants only), carnivores (eat meat only) and omnivores (eats both), with the digestive system to match (although not always).

We are indeed omnivores. We are also the only species that has a detailed knowledge of diet and we are able (some people) to make informed choices. No other species does this in this manner I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

AhmadSyahir

Though carnivores don't consume vegetables, they can live a healthy life. :D

Trey of Diamonds

I mean no disrespect but the question is poorly worded and too vauge. Vegetarianism can be a healthy lifestyle, it can also be an un-healthy lifestyle. It is not enough to eat vegetarian, you have to have a properly balanced diet not matter which if the 'isms you chose to be. I answered yes because I'm assuming you meant to ask, "Can vegetarism be healthy?" If you were asking if "Vegetarianism is more healthy than any other lifestyle?" I would say no.