• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vegemite Sandwich?

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I was listening to Land Down Under by Men at Work this morning on the radio. I never really tried to understand all the words, but for some reason, one line caught my attention this time...

...Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six-foot-four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

Of course I immediately thought of the pic of vegemite that Quazotic posted in the Peanut Butter sammiches thread.
yeast01.jpg
Okay now I thought this stuff looked gross as it is. I can't imagine making an actual sandwich on bread with it! Do people actually eat vegemite sandwiches? Ironically I just noticed that Kraft makes this stuff. I am surprised yet not surprised at the same time. Well, I am probably setting myself up for a little gagging here, but feel free to share with us, all of your vegemite stories. :D

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
It's awesome, is what it is.

Be warned though - when most people try it out for the very first time, they put on waaaay too much.

I love the stuff - specially with cheese, or even with avocados on sandwiches.

you could go all out and go vegemite, cheese, avocado and alfalfa sprouts or something ;)

Just think of it as a flavour, rather than a spread :D

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
It's gross as, but people eat it for sure :D I didn't like it... unless it was on crackers with like, 4:1 butter ratio LOL