• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Varying schools of Buddhism

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Vander valley,
can you quote Jesus with that sentence?
The followers of Jesus started Christianity and they interpreted Jesus according to their understanding and the real essence of his teachings went away with him.
There is no place as heaven and hell.
A meditative mind is in harmony with nature and is in the garden of eden or heaven. Mind full of thoughts is akin to hell.
Can say this much that it is not much to do with learning the words but has to with practice. If you are comfortable with Jesus and like to follow his PATH of LOVE then do so in every sense of the word at all costs then its meanings will be revealed to you on its own.
Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend VV,
Followers of Jesus started Christianity and interprested Jesus according to their understanding. They might not have been enlightened but priest wanted to cash on the popularity and so such interpretations of heaven and hell.
Meditative mind is in harmony with nature and is akin to heaven and mind full of thoughts remain disturbed akin to hell.
There are no places called heaven and hell so how could Jesus have said those words?
Besides religion is a journey inwards. It is all about practicing it and internalising them. If you are comfortable with the teachings and his WAY/PATH/METHOD of Jesus through LOVE, then practice it totally. All that you need to know will be revealedon its own when you practice it.
Love & rgds

vandervalley

Friend VV,
Followers of Jesus started Christianity and interprested Jesus according to their understanding. They might not have been enlightened but priest wanted to cash on the popularity and so such interpretations of heaven and hell.
Meditative mind is in harmony with nature and is akin to heaven and mind full of thoughts remain disturbed akin to hell.
There are no places called heaven and hell so how could Jesus have said those words?
Besides religion is a journey inwards. It is all about practicing it and internalising them. If you are comfortable with the teachings and his WAY/PATH/METHOD of Jesus through LOVE, then practice it totally. All that you need to know will be revealedon its own when you practice it.
Love & rgds

So do u believe in Samsarra and karma?

vandervalley

The only reality is SILENCE.
thats what ever you wish to term BELIEF? KARMA?
Love & rgds

ya but if u rob a bank and got caught then u'll end up in a jail.

now that's a reality as well; especially if u remain silent in court

zenzero

Its only a Label
The silence discussed and talked about here has nothing to do about your physical presence.
One could be in jail/ island/moon
but with a silenct mind one is not affected by physical circumstances which are any way result of past karmas and one has to go through the results conciously so as not to keep the chain of karma going on further.
V V you are still wandering; come home.
Home is within yourself, meditate, go into SILENCE.
Home is where the journey started from and will end too but the PLAY/ MAYA where we are all caught up with not understanding that home is HERE-NOW, We never left it, just wandered about for sometime.
Love & rgds

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
So u think that Jesus is free from samsara?

Definitely.Reincarnation is basic belief in Hasidic Judaism.Judaism has many works which clearly point toward that.

Jesus is enlightened in every way,his words in parables have a deeper esoteric meanings.Gnosticism is there to bring some of these to light.But u know what abrahamic religions do to their esoteric counterparts.

Christianity (and Islam) being offshoots of Judaism surprising are way too dogmatic (than Judaism) and have completely have different afterlife beliefs.I see Christianity portrays Jesus in a very literal way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I do not adhere to the statements made by some that Buddhism is a religion. That's just my school of thought. I am under no one's rule. I am in hopes of someday finding a teacher, but you don't need to have one to continue on your path of enlightenment...at least those are my humble thoughts.

I view Buddhism's status as a religion is largely due to the formality found in it's rituals and functions, and well as the adaptation of particular traditions of the school itself. Other than that I would agree that it barely qualifies as a religion. One of my favorite Shunryu Suzuki quotes is, "Formal training, Informal mind."

Its true one does not require a teacher as the "basics" can be relayed well enough and practiced (even for years) well enough through various mediums, yet a word of note in that practicing in this manner is exceedingly difficult and there is something truly to be said for it when a Buddhist meets his/her teacher. It then becomes telling as to how one is practicing through the insights that are transmitted to one another. Only face to face can this be accomplished IMO.
-NM-