• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vampires

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
What Bible are you talking about, there ARE more than one you know . . . jeeesh, Christians, you'd think everything is about them! LOL
Drinking the blood of Christ? Who rose from the dead?

Ezekiel 39:17
And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, [even] a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.
Ezekiel 39:18-19
Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
John 6:53
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

adimus

What Bible are you talking about, there ARE more than one you know . . . jeeesh, Christians, you'd think everything is about them! LOL

And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, [even] a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.
Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

What Bible are you talking about, there ARE more than one you know . . . jeeesh, Christians, you'd think everything is about them! LOL The Bible is what I am talking about. Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. What planet have you been living on?

[/COLOR] And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.

Those passages from Ezekiel are poetical, symbolic language. Besides that, God is speaking to vultures on a battlefield feasting on the dead, not people eating dead people there. No Bible says that.

Obviously that is also metaphorical. Jesus purposefully used that word picture for the shock value of it also. Drinking his blood in a symbolical sense means that we draw all of our spiritual life from the person of Jesus Himself by being in a vital, saving relationship with him. This has no connection to drinking juice at communion, although this symbolism can be employed well in that symbolic ritual. It has absolutely nothing to do with drinking real blood and vampireism, as much as vampires would love to imply to make themselves look like esoterically enlightened insiders. In fact, that myth was part of the A&E documentary that I watched. A real "vampire" explained the mythology behind his religion and lifestyle. That Jesus and the 12 apostles were vampires was a part of his myth.

Your pride is unattractive there. :no:

ChrisP

Veteran Member
There are recorded incidents of "real" vampires who drink human blood. Don't expect any reliable stories about amazing animorphic abilities or holy water/sunlight burns though. They're much more like real people who happen to drink human blood (cos that's what they are...)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A staple of the Maasai is blood mixed with milk (sang au lait?). Could they be vampires?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Blood in vampirism is also a metaphor. Vampires do not drink blood, they absorb the Ka / prana within the blood (Sanguines) but evolved vampires remove this directly form the Subtle Body (Astral Body).
In essence the Blood of Christ is the life energy of the Christ and IS what is being asked to consume.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/../members/seyorni-1290.htmlSeyorni:http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/../members/seyorni-1290.html it would depend on the reason it is mixed with the milk and what type of blood it is.

I have no idea what the Bible would have to do with Vampirism and I'm not Christian.

Trey of Diamonds

'Define Vampires'

Well not really the movie type but just normal people who have an immortal soul that keeps passing from one body to another without leaving the earth, that craves blood but doesn't sleep in coffins, have pure white skin etc.
And certainly doesn't sparkle in the sun(Twilight, lol)

Well, if you define a vampire as a normal person who craves blood then sure, those folks certainly exist.

Vallentyne

I am searching for an important document. I have scanned the internet as well as quaint nostalgic bookstores looking for information on where I might find at least parts of or all of this particular document but have come up dry. If anyone knows where I might find it or where to go to find it please contact me at [email protected]
thank you
Lee Vallentyne

The word Upir as a term for vampire is found for the first time in written form in 1047 in a letter to a Novgorodian prince referring to him as 'Upir Lichyj' (Wicked or Foul Vampire in Old Russian).

I have also found documents stateing that it was sent to a Russian Prince instead of Novgorodian (though I suspect Novgorodian is an old world russian City-State of sorts, I have not researched this).

Several spelling variations I've encountered (beleived to be the derivative of the word Lich, an undead witch or sorceror, which may mean that the writer of the letter was infact accusing the prince of what is commonly called lichdom in paranormal research) which probably denotes the various arguments over the word being foul, wicked, disgusting, nasty, or grotesque as well as some possible misspellings as I beleive both Lichy and Likhyi to be, but I cannot prove this to be true yet.
Upir' Lichyj
Upir' Lichyi
Upir' Likhyi
Upir' Lihki
Upir' Lihky
Upir' Lichy

I am searching for an important document. I have scanned the internet as well as quaint nostalgic bookstores looking for information on where I might find at least parts of or all of this particular document but have come up dry. If anyone knows where I might find it or where to go to find it please contact me at [email protected]
thank you
Lee Vallentyne

The word Upir as a term for vampire is found for the first time in written form in 1047 in a letter to a Novgorodian prince referring to him as 'Upir Lichyj' (Wicked or Foul Vampire in Old Russian).

I have also found documents stateing that it was sent to a Russian Prince instead of Novgorodian (though I suspect Novgorodian is an old world russian City-State of sorts, I have not researched this).

Several spelling variations I've encountered (beleived to be the derivative of the word Lich, an undead witch or sorceror, which may mean that the writer of the letter was infact accusing the prince of what is commonly called lichdom in paranormal research) which probably denotes the various arguments over the word being foul, wicked, disgusting, nasty, or grotesque as well as some possible misspellings as I beleive both Lichy and Likhyi to be, but I cannot prove this to be true yet.
Upir' Lichyj
Upir' Lichyi
Upir' Likhyi
Upir' Lihki
Upir' Lihky
Upir' Lichy

Oh...thanks. I heard of Upir before while researching Vampires but I think I wasn't paying much attention to that word:eek:

ASA

Vampires..are a plague berares..evil entitys..wich try to feed their youth throught ...the blood sucking of the inocent..Today they are many..well organized gropus..but supressed by the churches..of all religions..but there are lots of lonny toons...out there who think..they are vamps..met a lot of them..few slaps...and a kick in a but..wil come them around..stupid..people.. :) but reference to a bloodsucking vamp does exist..just its not a superman..you can overcome it..if it doesnt bite of your neck vein...:)

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Your ignorance on this subject speaks load. You have no idea of what you speak, have no knowledge of ether Mythological or Modern Vampire. Calling them evil, and plague bearer. The only "Church" that tries to keep anything like this down is the Christian Church, and many within it's wall are just as ignorant of the Subject.

ASA

Your ignorance on this subject speaks load. You have no idea of what you speak, have no knowledge of ether Mythological or Modern Vampire. Calling them evil, and plague bearer. The only "Church" that tries to keep anything like this down is the Christian Church, and many within it's wall are just as ignorant of the Subject.

So isee where i tread ..servant of the dark folows...:) folow youn aprentice..of the unworthy..but try not to come to close..so to not get burned by the radiance of light :) i did count on that ..that you would slowly..swim out.. :)

Vampires..are and will be..the evil entites..for as long as there is human race..the romantizm of fantasy,movies,comerical books..has just made them more apiling..to the likes of you..to hide the barabrism..and savagery of the same.. i bet your one of those boys..whou would like to be a vamp right..:)

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
What do you have to do in order to be a vampire? I'd have to know that first before I could believe or not believe in them.

If they are just people who drink blood, I'm sure some of them exist somewhere.

ASA

What do you have to do in order to be a vampire? I'd have to know that first before I could believe or not believe in them.

If they are just people who drink blood, I'm sure some of them exist somewhere.

there are some :) but..they can be dealth with with your own strength..just dot get scared..by the fake fangs..and a lunatic look in their eyes..punch until it drops :) but they do tend..to drink blood

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
So isee where i tread ..servant of the dark folows...:) folow youn aprentice..of the unworthy..but try not to come to close..so to not get burned by the radiance of light :) i did count on that ..that you would slowly..swim out.. :)

Vampires..are and will be..the evil entites..for as long as there is human race..the romantizm of fantasy,movies,comerical books..has just made them more apiling..to the likes of you..to hide the barabrism..and savagery of the same.. i bet your one of those boys..whou would like to be a vamp right..:)

No your wrong, I wouldn't want to be a Vampire. But I am one that is quite the knowledge in the History of Vampire throughout many culture and I can tell you you have no idea of what you speak. You say Vampire have there own group and Society. No, weather there a blood drinking mythical creature, a undead being, or a dark witch/sorcerer, there are no Vampire groups like that. And you also have no knowledge of Modern Seng/Psy. Vamps at all.
Before you go around Demonizing people and calling them evil or Darkling grow up and learn about such a subject.
I must say that has a Occult you make me sick with your ignorance in such an area.

Last edited: