• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UU Salad Bar

Select from the UU Salad Bar

• Christianity

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Islam

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Chinese Traditional Reliegion

• Buddhism

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Primal-Indigenous

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • African Traditional & Diasporic

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Sikhism

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Juche

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spiritism

• Judaism

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Baha'i

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Jainism

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Shinto

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Cao Dai

• Zoroastrianism

• Tenrikyo

• Neo-Paganism

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Rastafarianism

• Scientology

• Other, (specify in post)

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters

Antiochian

Rationalist
Well, in the one I went to in Columbus sometimes, not near as often as say the Bible or Asian scriptures.

It was always heartwarming to have someone come up to me and greet me with "assalamu alaykum" though. :)

I'm Sufi but still Sunni (Hanafi). You have to be some flavour of "traditional" (Sunni/Shia and whatever school in that you follow) Islam to be Sufi.

I suppose the Bible's easy to quote from because of its accessability and people's general familiarity with it, but I'd like to see UU churches strive to equally utilize the wisdom of all scriptures, maybe including the Book of Mormon, the Gnostic gospels, the Quran, and Neopagan/Indigenous writings. It's awesome to see the diversity represented in this thread!

bicker

Unitarian Universalist
I think our church does a decent job balancing sourcing from the New Testament, Old Testament, Qur'an, and Buddhist sources. I'd like to see a bit more presented from native American sources, but I can't complain about the diversity represented in the wisdom presented at our church.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Deist, as most here know.
After a month and a half of attending, and thoroughly enjoying, the local UU, I have added UU to my "religion"

seeker57

Christian, because I was raised Catholic and it did have its influences on me.

Neopaganism, because I find the teachings on interdependence of all things and the incorporation of beliefs into all aspects of life match what I have believed all along.

When people ask, though, I gladly tell them I am UU.