• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

User Names

ChrisP

Veteran Member
standing_alone said:
Ah, I believe I argued with you about medication for bipolar back when you had that name. Quite a while ago. :D
Hmmm let me go lookign for that thread so I can correctly chastise you ;)

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Booko said:
Mine isn't much of a story. "Booko" is an amalgamation between my husband's last name and mine. Our college friends started calling us that as a joke when we got married, since I didn't bother to change my last name. We've been using it two decades since. (Maybe I should change it to "duckbert"?)

My favorite user name is "Quoth_the_Raven." It conjures up a particular Bullwinkle episode as well. Not to mention, I'm in love with "Raven's" avatar. :biglaugh:
Spanks!:D Is it the avatar as such, or is it cos it's Seenbeen?:hearts:

Booko

Deviled Hen
Quoth_The _Raven said:
Spanks!:D Is it the avatar as such, or is it cos it's Seenbeen?:hearts:

Oh, the avatar as such, though I must say, SeenBeen is not too hard on the eyes either. :faint:

Booko

Deviled Hen
Bastet said:
Nooooooo! :eek: Hot soy milk is BAD!! :149: I want to vomit every time I have to make a coffee with soy milk at work...it just smells rank. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against it cold...I just had a very bad experience with trying it hot. Let's just say I was lucky to be standing next to a sink at the time.
Since the alternative is a 4-day migraine that morphine only takes the edge off, uh, I'll take the warm soy milk, thanks! I guess you get used to it.

Um..."Vile Stove-toucher"? What's that title in reference to?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Booko said:
Since the alternative is a 4-day migraine that morphine only takes the edge off, uh, I'll take the warm soy milk, thanks! I guess you get used to it.

Don't ask and she won't tell.... trust me.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Quoth_The _Raven said:
Get to know him better...he's as dodgy as a Kiwi wearing gumboots.;)

Hm...gumboots...is that Kiwi for Wellies?

I can think of worse things to be than a Kiwi...are they taking immigrants, d'ya suppose? :)

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Booko said:
If those were the alternatives, I'd give up coffee altogether and stick to black tea. ;)

Booko said:
There's a thread kicking around here somewhere that would make sense of it...basically, there was some debate about the morality (of what, I don't remember - something to do with kids), and someone made the comment that running into the street or touching a hot stove was immoral. Well, they weren't the exact words, but that was the meaning that came out of it. I touched a hot stove as a kid, so I made a joke about my morality, and Quoth_The_Raven called me a Vile Stove-Toucher. :p I liked it, so I kept it.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Bastet said:
If those were the alternatives, I'd give up coffee altogether and stick to black tea. ;)

I'll take either black. I don't have many options when I'm out of the house.

There's a thread kicking around here somewhere that would make sense of it...basically, there was some debate about the morality (of what, I don't remember - something to do with kids), and someone made the comment that running into the street or touching a hot stove was immoral. Well, they weren't the exact words, but that was the meaning that came out of it. I touched a hot stove as a kid, so I made a joke about my morality, and Quoth_The_Raven called me a Vile Stove-Toucher. :p I liked it, so I kept it.

Oh, I think I saw that one fly by when I was reading up here. And here I thought it was an inside joke about an aversion to cooking. :D

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Booko said:
Oh, I think I saw that one fly by when I was reading up here. And here I thought it was an inside joke about an aversion to cooking. :D
Here's the thread: http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28602&page=5

I actually love to cook, but rarely bother since it's just me and the cat - and while she'll eat anything that comes out of a can (whether it be cat food or baked beans), she won't touch my cooking. :biglaugh: