• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Used to be Catholic

capthowdy

Astarot
I myself was raised catholic, baptized, took my first comunion, first confession.....the whole nine yards. When I was young my parents and I attended St. Mary Magdelene church. As I got older I drifted away from catholicism (personal reasons). When I went away to college I started studying religion and philosophy on my own time in the library. That was some time ago, although I still study religion (a topic of great intrigue to me) I associate myself with no type of organized religion. I would welcome anyone who would share their own opinions on catholicism.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
capthowdy said:
I myself was raised catholic, baptized, took my first comunion, first confession.....the whole nine yards. When I was young my parents and I attended St. Mary Magdelene church. As I got older I drifted away from catholicism (personal reasons). When I went away to college I started studying religion and philosophy on my own time in the library. That was some time ago, although I still study religion (a topic of great intrigue to me) I associate myself with no type of organized religion. I would welcome anyone who would share their own opinions on catholicism.
I take it you mean Roman Catholicism? If so, I guess you might be better off asking in the RC forum (below this one). This is a sort of combined Orthodox Catholic/Roman Catholic section whose purpose, I believe, is to foster ecumenical type discussions between Orthodox like myself and RCs.

I won't, therefore, post my opinions of Roman Catholicism here as I would like to keep from turning this section into a heated debate. It's also unclear exactly what you're after here. If you've got any specific questions which you feel might benefit from an Orthodox Catholic perspective, however, I'd be happy to help.

James

capthowdy

Astarot
Knowledge is what I'm after not debate, I find it refreshing hearing opinions of others, it's my prefered way of learning outside of books.

SK2005

Saint in training
My opinions on Catholicism, well, that would take all day to write about. :) Could you narrow it down a bit?

:)

capthowdy

Astarot
I was just looking for your general opinion on what catholicism means to you, if I was looking for something specific I'd read it in a book

Scott1

capthowdy said:
I was just looking for your general opinion on what catholicism means to you, if I was looking for something specific I'd read it in a book
Catholicism to me is how I choose to worship.... most important to me is my relationship with Jesus Christ, and that can be done with or without a "church".

I believe the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ is present in the Eucharist, and that's the reason I'm a Roman Catholic.

Scott