• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Update regarding my transition

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
tagging @Rachel Rugelach @Guitar's Cry @Shadow Wolf @Left Coast @Father Heathen and @Debater Slayer

I figured I could provide RF with an update regarding my medical transition. Since I've just had my 3 month appointment regarding being on testosterone. I figured I'd explain how it's been going and how I've been feeling. So changes... Imma start with psychological changes. I've had more energy. And I'm calmer I feel happier. I have noticed some irritability lately but I don't know if it's because I've been so busy or if it's because of hormones. Overall tho I've been so much more calmer and content then I think I've ever felt in my life. My self esteem has gone up as has my confidence.

Physical changes...I'mma leave out any that are sexual or too tmi since I know some users would be bothered by it. The first change I noticed was my throat getting sore. I reckon that had to do with my voice getting ready to drop before it started doing that. Now my voice has dropped a bit. Later I'll post a recording after I'm done writing this thread and can get to my phone. The next change, I notice was my ribs. I felt...not exactly huge pain but a soreness there. Like I stretched too hard or something. I can't describe it. However that soreness went away after about month and a half and I then noticed my ribs and shoulders were slightly larger. I don't know why my ribs had hurt but maybe they were growing pains I don't know. I do know T causes the cartilage to thicken in addition to muscle. It's not a big difference but it is noticeable to me, and to others when I point it out. When I noticed my ribs were larger, I then realized I gained some muscle. Not a lot and it's still not a lot, but enough to be noticeable. Fat has also been redistributed a bit. Again not much but it is noticable. I've gained weight. When the doc weighted me today I was 110 pounds in the past I was only 98. It's understandable as my appetite has also increased massively. I eat like crazy, staff at the group home have commented on it. It kinda scares me how much I eat like dang. Today i drank a large smoothie, ate a large fry, and a mushroom burger from hardees. I was still wanting to stop by the store to get food to eat later but didn't say anything cuz staff by that point was making me uncomfortable with pointing out how much I ate. I get it according to the hardees website I just consumed 1840 calories but you don't have to point it out makes me self conscious and I end up feeling bad...trust me I put those calories to good use exercising a lot, and working with toddlers. I also have been drinking a ton more water lately. If anyone out there has an explanation for this please tell me I'm curious as to why I get thirsty more. I sweat more. I smell different. One thing I've had difficulty with is getting comfortable. Like laying down or holding myself when standing. I'm not used to my body being shaped differently and I'm having to figure out how to cope with that. Like I used to curl up very tightly on my side to sleep kinda like a cat. But now my shoulder gets in the way. it's not as comfortable. So I'm thinking of getting a body pillow to fix that. Hair around my mouth is getting darker and thicker, and I've noticed my skin is more oily. I have more acne.

Another interesting change is I don't know why but I feel taller. I think this is due to self confidence but I'm not sure. I'm holding my back straighter and holding myself differently then in the past. I don't feel small anymore. I know I'm tiny I know I don't weigh much I'm not that tall but I don't feel it anymore. I'm just more confident I guess.

Does anyone here have any questions regarding any changes? I will not be answering any questions on bottom growth. Not in the public forums. I'm happy regarding those changes but I don't want to talk about my genitals at this moment. I feel that would make some folk uncomfortable especially since this is not eros. You can google changes to genitals on T if you want that information. Any other questions regarding my transition is fair game as long as they are respectful questions.

The main takeaway is I'm happier then I've ever been with my body. I do not regret going on hormones. Not one bit. I feel at peace with my decision, and I don't regret it. Maybe in 4 months I'll come back to this thread and give a 7 month update on everything.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I felt...not exactly huge pain but a soreness there. Like I stretched too hard or something. I can't describe it. However that soreness went away after about month and a half and I then noticed my ribs and shoulders were slightly larger. I don't know why my ribs had hurt but maybe they were growing pains I don't know.
Yes, it was likely growing pains as muscle growth actually does involve microtears. If I absolutely had to guess I'd say it may have been similar to what youd feel after a first day of strength training exercises.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Yes, it was likely growing pains as muscle growth actually does involve microtears. If I absolutely had to guess I'd say it may have been similar to what youd feel after a first day of strength training exercises.
Yeah that sounds like an accurate description tho it felt a little worse then that

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yeah that sounds like an accurate description tho it felt a little worse then that
Rib pains do hurt. A lot. Getting the wind knocked out of me ranks among the worst pains I've been through, so bad last time I knew what happened but still thiught I broke my ribs even though I knew that didn't happen but that's how bad it hurt.