• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Update on me!

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
I know there are a few people who have been wondering where in the world I have been. Before August 4, 2005, I was busy with school and home life.

As of August 4th, I have been homeless and trying to get myself back on track. I left my husband. I have also been trying to decide whether I want to wait until I get medical assistance and try for SSI because of my back pain and depression. I have not totally decided yet. So until then, I am waiting for assistance from the government and have decided that until I know more about how long my back may bother me, I will work until I am unable to move.

I have done self searching as well in the past few weeks to remind myself of what I need from myself in order to be happy.

I can be reached at [email protected]

I am using our library to access my e-mails. Please put your RF name or that you are an RF member in the subject line so that I will know who sent the e-mails. If I do not know who did it I will not open my mail. ROFL

For those who have been concerned, thank you very much.

FBI

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
Thanks Steve. I am glad that I was able to be online right now to see your post. I knew you were definitely worried about me. I will be trying to keep those who are concerned up to date as much as I can.

FBI (Brandy)

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles Brandy . Take care of that back . The other problems will work out , just don't cause farther trouble by hurting your back eh .

I hope that things get back on track for you soon . Take care .

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I know it's only my opinion, but I would suggest going for the SSI as soon as you can. I'm having to apply for similar reasons (well, the depression, not the back pain) and it's best to get into the 'hurry up and wait' system and know that you can always drop the case if things turn around for you.

*huge hugs*
You'll continue to be on my mind! Know that you've got the support of RF behind you!

robtex

Veteran Member
Wow Brandy that was quite a bomb to drop. I went to your journal and found no hints of a sour marriage. I hope you are doing ok and you get your ducks in a row very soon. SSI is a complicated institution and things move very slowly in their world. I hope you realize this and plan accordingly. I will shoot you an email soon and hope the best for you.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hey Brandy, I really am sorry to hear about all your problems; depression and backpain I know about, but leaving your husband and being homeless is just too much to have to put up with at any time. I'll keep you in my thoughts, and if you don't mind, I'd like to say a prayer for you.:)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Brandy you shall be in my prayers and thoughts...
i wish there was more i could do for you darlin':(

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. Prayers and blessing filled thoughts are always appreciated.

I am waiting to hear about emergency food stamps right now. My adopted dad was allowing me to stay at his place until he comes home. Welfare says all I need to see an Emergency Services worker is to have a letter from my dad stating that I can no longer live there.

I appreciate that everyone wishes they could do more. I have a great support system around me right now which helps a lot. I also know that I can not just sit back and expect people to do things for me. If I let others do most of the work then I will never become self-sufficient and I realize that.

I will keep you all posted on my progress.

Thank you all again.

FBI

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Lets hear it for Brandy's posse ... :woohoo:

You go grrl . And you will survive !

( it is good to hear that you have the support , even if you can stand on your own feet :) )

Watcher

The Gunslinger
You've been in my thoughts Brandy. I missed you!
I hope everything turns out ok for you:eek: I'll be in touch.

M

Majikthise

I hope things turn out ok for you. You'll be in my thoughts.
Dan.

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
OK everyone. After some deep thinking and talking to my husband.....

I went back!!!!

Yes, things are a lot better than they were and we are actually talking about things instead of arguing over them. He has actually shown me that he has changed and will continue to do what is needed for our marriage to work.

I have also been trying to do what I need to as well. Instead of keeping things bottled up I am now discussing my troubles with him.

My back pain has gotten worse. As far as my depression.... I believe there is more to my personal issues than depression. Hubby and I are working together for me to get the help I need. I have an appointment on Sept. 21st for an orientation with VESID (Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities). Hopefully they will be able to help me work part-time in data-entry. I have realized that, at this time, I will only make myself worse if I just accept any job that pays while sacrificing the fact that I am unable to deal in high stress situations or dealing with the public on a professional level. I personally think that I will do best in a back room by myself inputting information into a computer.

I wish to thank everyone for their kind words, prayers and support. I must also say that I am glad to still be a part of the RF family.

FBI

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
And we are just as happy to see you back.

I am so happy that you are 'back and talking' to your husband. Communication (or rather the lack of it ) is a killer of marriages.

At the same time, I feel for you with your back problems; I can truly say that I can empathise. I am on max pain killing medication (apart from morphine which I am loath to take); the trouble is that I probably feel more sorry for my wife. I don't see why a 52 year old woman should be in a nursing home-like surroundings - it does put a strain on the marriage. Oh yes, and the depression merry-go-round..............

The best of luck Brandy; You have taken the biggest steps though; acceptance of a problem, a positive attempt to deal with it, and the volition.;)

Melody

Brandy,

You're in my thoughts and prayers and I hope things work out for you whatever choices you make.