• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Untappd

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
As a fan of all things craft beer, I've been using an app called Untappd: Untappd - Wikipedia

I find it handy in documenting the beers I try and as a way to discover new brews.

Anyone else a fan of this?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Be cool to see some Australian beers!

Britain has an ancient tradition of craft beers with some really good ones

Craft-beer.jpg
sheep_shagger_scotch_ale_tyranena_brewing_company.jpg

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Britain has an ancient tradition of craft beers with some really good ones

View attachment 34115

Certainly! I've had some and enjoy them very much. I've had that Hobgoblin from Wychwood brewery I see in the picture.

My own state of Maine has an interesting history with craft beer. The Roots Of Maine Craft Brewing - Beer - Maine Thing Quarterly

The first beer I had was a Michelob Light and I hated it. I refused to drink beer until I tried a Shipyard Export Ale in college and I was hooked.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Certainly! I've had some and enjoy them very much. I've had that Hobgoblin from Wychwood brewery I see in the picture.

My own state of Maine has an interesting history with craft beer. The Roots Of Maine Craft Brewing - Beer - Maine Thing Quarterly

The first beer I had was a Michelob Light and I hated it. I refused to drink beer until I tried a Shipyard Export Ale in college and I was hooked.

I am not a big drinker but have tried the Hobgoblin, Old Speckled Hen and Crusty Ferret. And the sheepshaggers of course is a must, it's quite difficult to get in England, its more a north of the border drink.

Also had a glass of spitfire (good draught or bottled) and directors (nice draught and very easy to find in the north west)

There are so many brands that i think just about every village, town and city has at least one micro brewery

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

ChristineM

Premium Member
*vomits*

Australians drink plenty of beer, me included. But some of us like good beer.
Much like America, the mass produced beer here is largely tasteless cats ****, but if you're willing to step outside that, there's plenty of tasty, tasty beverages.

La Sirène
Boatrocker Brewers & Distillers
Home
Moon Dog Craft Brewery - Independent brewery and bar in Abbotsford

Both fosters and xxxx are sold in the uk (probably brewed under licence). The reason i said they are the national drink is the TV advertising.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I thought the national drink of Australia was Fosters or XXXX
*vomits*

Australians drink plenty of beer, me included. But some of us like good beer.
Much like America, the mass produced beer here is largely tasteless cats ****, but if you're willing to step outside that, there's plenty of tasty, tasty beverages.

La Sirène
Boatrocker Brewers & Distillers
Home
Moon Dog Craft Brewery - Independent brewery and bar in Abbotsford

I've heard Fosters isn't all that well liked. I've never had it myself, though some of my friends love it. But they also like Natural Light, so....

ChristineM

Premium Member
I've heard Fosters isn't all that well liked. I've never had it myself, though some of my friends love it. But they also like Natural Light, so....

Never had fosters. Dont think i missed much.

Where i live there is a very local (brewed in the next village) beer named 24, hubby tells me its good but quite expensive. I dont think its sold outside the Dordogne (24) department though.

There is also Ratz, much easier to get, they even have it in supermarkets, i never tried that either

The limit of my beer consumption is very hot evenings, i will relax on the veranda watching the sun drop behind the mountains. I will sometimes have (dont get upset or annoyed with me here) a shandy of Fischer (light beer flavoured with vodka) with real lemonade and ice.

For me the best thing to do with beer is either make a fish batter with it or stew steak in it.

Newcastle brown for batter and Guinness for steak

Ok, so i am a heathen but my food is good ;-)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Where i live there is a very local (brewed in the next village) beer named 24, hubby tells me its good but quite expensive. I dont think its sold outside the Dordogne (24) department though.

There is also Ratz, much easier to get, they even have it in supermarkets, i never tried that either

The limit of my beer consumption is very hot evenings, i will relax on the veranda watching the sun drop behind the mountains. I will sometimes have (dont get upset or annoyed with me here) a shandy of Fischer (light beer flavoured with vodka) with real lemonade and ice.

For me the best thing to do with beer is either make a fish batter with it or stew steak in it.

Sounds delicious.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Both fosters and xxxx are sold in the uk (probably brewed under licence). The reason i said they are the national drink is the TV advertising.

Full disclosure...

No one in Australia drinks Foster's.
Indeed, you can't buy it most of the year. Every now and then they do a limited release (like...Australia Day) and hipsters drink it because it was their grandpa's beer.

XXXX is a different story. It's very common here, although mostly in Queensland. Whilst they are technically Australians, Queenslanders are not from Melbourne, and therefore don't really count.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Make brownies using a good quality chocolate porter.
I use one called Moon dog Cake Hole, which has chocolate and sour cherry flavours.

Bangin'.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

I love cooking with beer as well! Especially chili or pizza crust.

I got into Radlers this summer thanks to discovering a very delicious one in Canada. It was beer mixed with a tangerine and grapefruit soda: Crafty Radler | Pump House Brewery

Kind of surprised me since I am not a soda fan.