• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UNC-Greensboro Declares Christianity Not a Religion

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It's getting the point where the word "God" is being called adverting religion. Well, that is an exaggeration, but sometimes I feel that way. But it doesn't really matter, I am not ashamed of my faith and I never will be.
Does the cross have meaning as a Christian symbol? If it does, then using a cross as a war memorial this way is an attempt to associate Christianity with the person being memorialized. It's claiming that person's virtues and merit as Christian virtues and merit. IOW, it co-opts the person's memory to prop up the religion.

I probably shouldn't have used the term "advertising", though; I think that may be too generous a term for what I think is a rather ghoulish practice.

Edit: though we should probably continue this in another thread rather than pull this one off-topic.

pwfaith

It's not a violation when the government refers you to organizations that offer an alternative to abortion.

They're not giving referrals, they're stating, these are the locations that offer this service. Period. It's a list, not a recommendation. Now if the list was biased and only listed Christian services, I'd see your point but it's like the "yellow pages" for a particular needed service, counseling. No one is being forced to go to the Christian facilities for these services, they have an option of other service facilities who will also provide the same services.